Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well shoot, I guess i'm not allowed in Michigan :D They're illegal here in NY between approx April through October. I certainly don't see the point of studding a tire like this though, maybe just more peace of mind for the person who bought them, idk. At least now they will be able to be driven year round.

They are allowed, as long as they are certified not to damage the road surface. No one has bothered to go through the certification process, so... Here we are in the ditch lol.

That tire has absolutely no siping whatsoever on it, so studs probably helped on hard pack or ice.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
That is literally the first time i've ever heard the word "siping" so I had to look it up. :Stupid Me: I see what you mean, Its just so stiff of a tire, I can't see it being meant for snow in the first place.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got all of the studs out. What a pain! In theory it was easy, but some of them still fought. Also, due to using soap as lube, naturally it got on my hands, which make for several poor hammer swings and screwdriver grips :whymewhyme: Also painted the rims black. Now to recover for the rest of a night with a constant intake of beer. :drunk:
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Made a bunch of progress this afternoon. I swapped around all of the tires, and I think it looks pretty sweet now! They stick out much farther than they did on my 01, although some of it is because it doesn't have flares. I also replaced the rear diff cover from the spare off of my other project axle, and while it was apart, I swapped in my stock posi unit as well. Ran into one minor setback, as soon as I touched the rear brake lines, they instantly started to drip. Lucky for me, I had two brand new preformed lines that were meant for my other truck sitting right in the barn. Fought with the bleeders a little, but eventually got them out and all bled. Those were the only 2 lines not recently replaced on the whole truck, so now its completely done. Pics coming soon!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I also ended up tightening the bed and seats down, along with fixing the taillight wiring issue (ground wire was not connected to the frame). Here's some pics!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I brought a dealer plate home from work and finally took it on a real test drive, it runs pretty poorly. When accelerating hard, it slowly dies out like its starving for fuel. I'm going to start with the inline fuel filter, then a pressure gauge to make sure its not the pump. If that all checks out, definitely time for a new carb. I actually found a set of new plugs and wires in my barn I had from a project 6 years ago that I put on, and I also checked and cleaned the cap and rotor and tweaked the timing. Didn't change much, but now I know its all new. The plugs that were in it were all in good shape, 7 were still pretty white and one was black, but nothing built up on it. Also wired in a 12v outlet so I could plug in my GPS speedo. I'm planning on driving it to work tomorrow, hopefully it goes well, considering I don't think it hasn't been driven more than 10 miles in the past 5-6 years!