Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I used the interior spray paint from Advance Auto, didn't look at the name brand, but it works well.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Looks dam good for a rattle can job. Needs some rims a toolbox/back rack and some tows imo
Thanks, Its definitely the best spray bomb job i've ever done! I'm putting the tires/rims from my other truck on, they're the General Lee style rims so will add more to the black.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Those rims could actually look pretty slick on it.

It looks like it didn't take much work or too horribly long to get a quite honestly good looking truck together. What do you think you got for time and money into that?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well, between what I paid for the truck and paint, i've got just under 1200 total into it, and probably spent 15 hours all together on it so far, so not bad i'd say.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm hoping to have about 1500 total into it and be driving it. I bought a GPS Speedo for 40 bucks that works great so now I don't have to worry about that.biggest expense I see in the near future is a carb, other than that, ill have to wait and see once it's on the road

dave_erald

Reaction score
Why was the gps speedo needed anyways? The engine got swapped, did the trans get changed out for something different as well? or was it dash problems?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Whoever did the swap took out the computer and engine harness, and that's what controls the Speedo. I haven't looked at the trans to see if it's cable or sensor drive Speedo, not that it matters. Plus this GPS Speedo is way more accurate than the stock one would be, considering I'll have different size tires on it

dave_erald

Reaction score
Yeah good point. That would be far faster to get running. So not much left really.

License plates, a good cup holder and cell phone charger and you're ready to rock