One door closes another opens…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
As you may know, my 91 was smashed… sooooo I got a 93 to replace it. It’s got a brand new paint job everything else has to be replaced. Oh and frame is mint.. the 93 has a 305 in it.. that’s getting replaced with the 350 I had in my other truck.. all new exhaust Y-Pipe back. The 93 has 3.42s I like 3.73s much better so I got a new front diff and rear diff (9.5 SF) so I’m in the process of swapping the front out now that I got that old motor out. Rear will go in soon. I bought myself a Core Shifters shifter for Christmas which is already in, since the old shift tower was whooped. Steering column from the other truck is going in since it was fully rebuilt by me (topped with the firebird wheel, lol).

Door handles, my awesome buckets, and every last mouse turd came out of my 91 and is in storage in my garage until I can make use of it in my new 93. So far I haven’t had a chance to fall in love with it but I know I will once I drive it..

More to come.. oh and over the winter here in PRNY.. I did a ton of motor work to my Monte and nowwwwwwww FFS it’s burning a lot of oil so yay another set of intake gaskets need to go on.. but I did a lot one thing turned into while I’m hereee.. we all know how that goes..

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
As you may know, my 91 was smashed… sooooo I got a 93 to replace it. It’s got a brand new paint job everything else has to be replaced. Oh and frame is mint.. the 93 has a 305 in it.. that’s getting replaced with the 350 I had in my other truck.. all new exhaust Y-Pipe back. The 93 has 3.42s I like 3.73s much better so I got a new front diff and rear diff (9.5 SF) so I’m in the process of swapping the front out now that I got that old motor out. Rear will go in soon. I bought myself a Core Shifters shifter for Christmas which is already in, since the old shift tower was whooped. Steering column from the other truck is going in since it was fully rebuilt by me (topped with the firebird wheel, lol).

Door handles, my awesome buckets, and every last mouse turd came out of my 91 and is in storage in my garage until I can make use of it in my new 93. So far I haven’t had a chance to fall in love with it but I know I will once I drive it..

More to come.. oh and over the winter here in PRNY.. I did a ton of motor work to my Monte and nowwwwwwww FFS it’s burning a lot of oil so yay another set of intake gaskets need to go on.. but I did a lot one thing turned into while I’m hereee.. we all know how that goes..
I hope you are getting to use the headlights you got from me, or did it get hit in the front??

FrankieD61

Reaction score
The Monte needed new lifters.. they are hydro flat tappet and the plunger is retained by a piece of wire.. not a real c clip.. while doing some high RPM runs after tuning the secondaries of my QJET it must of broke. Thankfully it attached itself to the magnetic oil drain plug and didn’t cause any damage.. but like I said while I was in there I did all the lifters and gaskets on the oil pan, new timing cover, new balencer cause the old one slipped and the timing was never right, new DUI dizzy, new Performer RPM Air Gap intake, and paint.. my god so much…

FrankieD61

Reaction score
I hope you are getting to use the headlights you got from me, or did it get hit in the front??

So the guy that hit me smashed me good. So one side in the front took a hit and the lights got taken out.. but the other side is perfect.. but I have a few more sets so I will be doing that on the new truck, along with my 4-HI kit :).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The Monte needed new lifters.. they are hydro flat tappet and the plunger is retained by a piece of wire.. not a real c clip.. while doing some high RPM runs after tuning the secondaries of my QJET it must of broke. Thankfully it attached itself to the magnetic oil drain plug and didn’t cause any damage.. but like I said while I was in there I did all the lifters and gaskets on the oil pan, new timing cover, new balencer cause the old one slipped and the timing was never right, new DUI dizzy, new Performer RPM Air Gap intake, and paint.. my god so much…
It's a rabbit hole ain't it....