Aaaand I bought another one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Went out and looked at the paint this morning, it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, I can still actually see the different layers in the door from before the primer, but i'm going to give it at least 2 coats total so hopefully it will turn out better tonight!

That stuff goes on really thin, just be patient.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the whole thing in black, it will turn out good once the second coat is done. The only thing that sucks is the trees in my yard are letting off little fuzzballs, and they're sticking to the paint :mad: I'm hoping to get the last coat on before dark, and hopefully it won't rain. It's raining an hour West of here, but its not supposed to make it over this far thankfully. Just in case, I made extra room in the barn.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
After three day's, I was able to knock most of the Dandelion and poop out of my paint pretty quick with a red scotch bright and 400 grit, using a hose ot keep it soaked, and very light pressure.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I actually went over the first bit of black paint I had done yesterday with some fine steel wool, and it cleaned it right up, but put some scratches in it obviously. I'ts still kind of at the point where I don't really, care, I think i'll just go right over it all and worry about it later :p

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Yeah, i only used enough pressure to pull the stuff out, then went to the 400, and only used that to pull the rest out and knock the runs down.

The way I see it, most people will never notice anyway if it's shiny lol.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Painting outside is never easy. Sadly I am forced to 98% of the time. I just paint then bring whatever I painted back into the garage to sit away from the outside fuzzies.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I wasn't about to paint in the garage and get overspray on my other project and everything else around it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Oook, the first coat dried enough for me to go over everything one more time before dark. After finishing, I got itchy to work on other things, so I ripped the paper off the windows and door handles and started to tinker with the interior. I don't think i've ever had an interior so many different colors. The dash and seatbelts are blue, the fuse cover and seats are grey, the cd player holder is black, door panels are brown, the 4wd shifter trim is red, and the headliner was white. I say was because I ripped it out since it was sagging. I think i'm going to paint everything black so it matches. I did that to my old '94 10 years ago and liked the look, and since the exterior will be all black, might as well continue inside. I got the mirrors bolted back on, and am in the middle of swapping the passenger door window regulator to manual. The driver's side was already crank, but the pass side still had all power parts, but nothing was plugged in. I cut into the harness and jumped the motor wires to my jump pack and rolled it down so I could remove it. I'll have to check in the morning to see how the paint turned out!

It won't let me delete this stupid picture for some reason...

Last edited: