A.I.R injection-headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the market for headers for my truck. I've noticed that most do not come with the provisions for the air injection system. The ones that do are significantly more money. Personally, I would like to get rid of the system but not at the cost of causing harm elsewhere. Anyone running headers without air injection? Did you notice a change in the way your engine runs and did it trigger the check engine light?

Thanks,

Eric

1990 K1500
350 TBI (LO5)
5lm60
3.73 posi 10 bolt

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, if I were also to remove the smog pump would that negatively effect the way the engine runs? Would it trigger a check engine light?

Thanks,

Eric

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to guess you live in a good state that doesn't require yearly vehicle checks? If you do live somewhere that requires inspections, removing either of these will more than likely not allow you to pass.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A vehicle driven less than 5,000 miles/year is exempt from annual emissions testing in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh,PA) Also my truck is 24 years old so it can be registered as a classic/antique which also makes it exempt.