A few questions about autocross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always say I'm going to take pics and I get too wrapped up in what I'm doing. But ill definitely take a lot of pics of this project

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the angle but I know they should be as close to the wheels as you can get them.

Here is the link to the build I was talking about it wasn't on here.
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/103642-1997-C1500-Autocross-Build

That's a cool build!
He used an Impala rear-end. I thought that they were wider than the GMT400's. No mention if he narrowed it or not. Like the idea for that, though. Has the upper mounts for the links already cast into the housing! And...no need to hokey up some kinda rear disc brake set-up!

To the O.P.
What size of tires & wheels are you considering? I've kinda been keeping my eyes on what the auto-crossers do to their vehicles with the idea of maybe casually competing with my '98, once the LS is (eventually!) installed. I've noticed that not many are using the big 20"+ wheels. Usually they are in the 17/18" wheel size. Just enough to clear larger aftermarket brakes. Those big wheels are just to heavy. That extra weight makes for slower acceleration, & longer braking distances. But, especially important in auto-cross, they are harder to get to change direction.

Then, there's this! (ooohhh!!!) This truck is used for Auto-cross.

You must be registered for see images attach

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy shiot! That truck is clean. I like my 20s, but I wish I could get some 18s. The 20s look cool but they just rub slot, only on the main freeway in take. It's freaking horrible, and they are finally working on it but that is making it worse. I swear if a copy followed me to work he would think I'm drunk from all the lane changes. But I'm just dodging holes

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the tire size, I was just going to run my 16x8 soft 8's in the front and a 16x10 in the rear I've seen a few trucks and cars use these for autocross.here is my truck as it sits right now(bad pic)

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
Thanks I've never been much of a big wheel guy I've always liked to see a little more tire