A few questions about autocross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
coil over in the front wouldn't be to hard, I thinkg 454ssguy did it and seems like a direct swap. The read you would have to run a 4 link or something of that type to get rid of your leafs. I personally think getting rid of the leafs will make the difference in the world.

Do you know what kit he used? For the rear I was looking at that one guys build that made it into truckn for the rear. He used a ride tech 4 link and some qa1 coil overs it looked really clean. The only issue I had with it is he had to cut the bed to clear the diff.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not trying to hog the thread, but I am going to relocate my shocks to a better angle. A crossbar at the top of frame, shocks mount at the bottomoof axle close to the browser and then angled inward towards the rear diff and mounted to the crossbar. I will design mount so I can change angles and be able to change to coil over, bags whatever I want.
My question is is there an optimal angle to shoot

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen the truck b4 in my mags, that is basically what I'm wanting with shocks(he used square tubing tho) i already have the round tubing, and 'm working on the material to replicate an AVS underbed C-notch. Is this something you were thinking of doing?

thegtwyo86

Reaction score
I've seen the truck b4 in my mags, that is basically what I'm wanting with shocks(he used square tubing tho) i already have the round tubing, and 'm working on the material to replicate an AVS underbed C-notch. Is this something you were thinking of doing?

Yeah this is what I was wanting to do have you started working on yours yet?

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Texas, the military brought me to Virginia, I don't think they believe any needs a garage un this state. It sux. I have started collecting pieces, and have a friend who is a welder and he's pumped to help me. We are going to replicate an AVS underbed C - notch, but my 2x2 square tubing important going to make a little longer and run my round tubing through it and weld on both sides of the square for support.