a/c problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright 98 chevy vortec 350 i redid most of the a/c system aka new compressor,new condenser with new orfice tube, new line from compressor to condenser/to drier and and new drier and all new seals/o-rings im have issue vengt temp. at idle is only 58-60* my low side press. is 35-37ish and high side bout 225-230 bout 80* outside

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you pull a good vacuum?
Does it blow colder when you are going about 60mph?

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes vacume dn for 45- 1 hour and let set for another 30 min and vac was at -30in the whole time then i put in 3oz of pag 46 oil plus compressor was shipped filled with oil too and then 20oz if freon and maybe half another can that had 20oz in it soo bout 30oz of freon total

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need more information. Does it work better at 60mph vs sitting still? Why did you replace the compressor? If it was due to failure you should have replaced condensor as well. The R134A ones cannot be flushed.

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i replaced condenser and orfice and drier and lines and compressor and the truck has 437k miles i figured compressor was orignally soo i replace almost everything..

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the inlet to the condenser be upper?or lowwer? cause the line from compressor is connected to loower and the line leaving is connectedupper where the orific is

98vortec

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i might have messed up... i have the lines connected correctly but i was looking at my bro truck which is same truck 98 his line coming from compress is connected on top and the outlet is on bottom i gathered that my condenser is upside dn soo my condenser outlet is up top and the inlet is at bottom which i have my lines connected correct but condenser is physically upside dn would that cause my problem?

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen it on any vehicle where the lines can be connected backwards. Your low side line is always going to be bigger than the high side line and the fittings will accommodate that. You still haven't answered whether the a/c works better when the vehicle is moving. This would be useful to know if you want to solve your problem.