A/C Compressor - Delco or Delphi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm going to have someone swap the compressor, along with the accumulator, orifice tube, and new o-rings before I get back. Any reason why the Delco is $74 more than the Delphi, even if they're both NEW? I'm going to have the system flushed even though it didn't lock up causing any metal to get into the system. But, with the Arizona heat I'm going to be running this system for 10 months out of the year and I thought it better to do it now. What do you guys think I should go with? Price is not an issue.

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well, I've had a Delco on my truck and I just bought a Delphi to put on it. But I haven't installed it yet. Hopefully it works good.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Reman Delco here.... installed and charged at dealership = lifetime warranty :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Bump

Thanks for the replies guys. Ryan, the labor would be probably be ridiculous I would think. Any other opinions guys?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I have used all different brands at the shop. Depends on what is available and what the customer is willing to pay. Other than an off brand from some online place, never had an issue. But I prefer the Delco. That's what I installed in my own car.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I first finished the Cummins, I used the stock compressor and it worked just like it used to which was fine.

When I finally changed out the stock unit with a Sanden, it blew much cooler and generally seems to work better.

Note the system was recharged with both compressors so it was apples to apples.