A 1998 ECSB k2500 thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanroo

Reaction score
I had been watching the CL adds for a while, with no certain destination in sight, only that i was looking for a 'new' truck. My DD since October of 2013 was a '72 K20 that i called my beater with a heater. a trusty old beast i kind of bolted together with a bunch of parts i had and a few rebuild kits. Anyhow, after looking at the adds casually for a while i saw this 98 pop up. i watched it for a little while and finally called and made a deal.

It is a fairly well optioned truck. has an L29, 4l80e and had 116k on it. it was born in MI but lived all its life in AZ. the paint is a little beat up from years in the sun, but otherwise in really good shape. previous owner was great with maintenance and left me with a notebook of notes on its maintenance.

this was the day i got it. feeding the beast.

You must be registered for see images attach

back home in the mountains.

its been cold and crappy since i got it. i did have a decent afternoon to pull the tube steps off.

and swap out the K&N for something a little more fresh.

for now ill keep fixing up little things and changing whatever i think needs changing. for now it is nice to have a good defrost! even has a CD player!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Following for more updates as this is borderline my dream truck, 454/80E, low miles, what's the plans for it?

ryanroo

Reaction score
Following for more updates as this is borderline my dream truck, 454/80E, low miles, what's the plans for it?
I've always been a rclb guy, but the lady wanted something with a little extra cab space. I really like this truck, I've never had an extended cab shorty. It's a nice compromise.
Right now I have a few little maintenance things and some cosmetic stuff I want to do. Replace the grille and headlights, maybe remove the hard cover. Swap the wheels to something else. Paint eventually. Probably a mild crank and small block and some helper bags. Maybe a tune. I've been thinking about just buying software and learning that myself. Can't decide. Later, power increases.

Last edited:

ryanroo

Reaction score
The next thing!

this truck was slow to crank since i bought it. Not something i really like. At first i wasnt sure if it was the starter or a dull battery. didnt take me long to decide the battery was ok and the starter was the dud.

a new one is in order. it may as well be a better one.

denso 281-8002

very little fiddling required.

next i think it will need new cables!