99 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I started cleaning up the set of lower control arms I got from the wreckers. One is quite a bit rustier than the other. I'll paint them after the old bushings and joints are pressed out. Which brings me to my question: Polyurethane or rubber bushings? I've read the poly rides a bit stiffer which I'm fine with. Pros and cons of either?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I started cleaning up the set of lower control arms I got from the wreckers. One is quite a bit rustier than the other. I'll paint them after the old bushings and joints are pressed out. Which brings me to my question: Polyurethane or rubber bushings? I've read the poly rides a bit stiffer which I'm fine with. Pros and cons of either?

I wonder if they came off two different trucks.. Anyhoo, I like poly bushings, I prefer the firmer ride and havent had any trouble with them.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed a few interior items since my last post.

I replaced my Denali center console with one from a 2001 Suburban. I used some u nuts and bolts from the hardware store to mount it to the 400 console bracket.

Also added a double din DVD player and backup camera which I love. I used the Metra kit for the install and bought the camera off Amazon. I tapped the reverse signal for the deck in the A pillar from my rear view mirror wiring.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Inspired by kennythewelder's quality work on his fans, I got off my butt and made a cover plate for my electric fans. They're 05+ truck fans from the junkyard. I've been running them for awhile but they were ziptied in place. Painted it flat black and added a belt diagram to maintain a stock look. Here's a few pics

Last edited:

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stop it your making want start looking into e-fans again LOL
Do it! Come to the dark side!

In all seriousness, these newer truck fans fit right between the radiator tanks with some trimming. My a/c is colder and I have a bit more room in the engine bay. I made the cover with a piece of steel I bought at Lowe's and cut and bent myself. I am going to upgrade my charging cables due to the load with the fans, both blowers, and the headlights going.

Darin1047

Reaction score
Do it! Come to the dark side!

In all seriousness, these newer truck fans fit right between the radiator tanks with some trimming. My a/c is colder and I have a bit more room in the engine bay. I made the cover with a piece of steel I bought at Lowe's and cut and bent myself. I am going to upgrade my charging cables due to the load with the fans, both blowers, and the headlights going.

How hard are they to wire in? I know there has been write ups on how to do I think but most I have read suggest to do a 411 swap to control the fans. I have been contemplating e fans for years.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard are they to wire in? I know there has been write ups on how to do I think but most I have read suggest to do a 411 swap to control the fans. I have been contemplating e fans for years.
These weren't bad at all. I grabbed the fan harness and fuse block from the donor truck as well which made it pretty simple.

The fuse block has two trigger wires ( besides the obvious power and ground) - one for low speed and one for high speed. My black box computer only has one fan output spot. The low side is wired into the computer (pin 9 on the plug that says black). I used a relay to convert the high side output from power to ground and ran it over to the a/c circuit as a trigger. This way whenever the a/c is on, the high speed is triggered.

If you have a 411 pcm, it has 2 fan output spots and both triggers can just plug into it. The computer will control all fan aspects then.

With either computer, the fan settings need to be turned on by a tuner - BlackBear, etc.
Ryan at Sinister Performance did mine for me and a few other adjustments on my computer. His website is Gmtuners.com.

So in summary, my setup was not terribly difficult to wire. But I did pick a few people's brain that are better at electrical than me. Any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them.