99+ LS1 PCM swap into OBS GMT400 trucks/SUV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!
Hope you grabbed the two 80pin connectors and a foot of the harness whilst you were at it?

Lol! My PC was slow to load the pic!

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have EFILive, HPT or Tunercats? If you do...the best mod you can do just cost you $20!
HAVE to be happy with that!!!

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you guys pool together a writeup on this I can lock it so it doesn't get out of control. But from looking at what you're talking about it just seems to be a matter of matching all the appropriate sensors and wires using two pinouts.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the main advantage to the 411 PCM swap into an OBS is that you get higher resolution tables, added functionality, and faster processing & data logging capabilities?? I'm still running the 747 ECM which is decent IMHO, but leaves a lot to be desired. Can someone PLZ do a writeup on this, especially if anyone has any info on swapping from 747 ECM to the 411. One question by the way, what's the avantage to going 411 rather than some other newer PCM out there. I was going to go the EBL route since it would probably be the simplest for me, but the desired input ratio for the DRAC module w/ my future ring and pinion ratio and tire size is beyond it's limits. oh well.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you guys pool together a writeup on this I can lock it so it doesn't get out of control. But from looking at what you're talking about it just seems to be a matter of matching all the appropriate sensors and wires using two pinouts.

Will do Mike.
I'm on nightshift for the next month...so I'll have plenty of time to sit down and write some stuff out. I'll then give it to Jeff (lextech) to review....as this whole deal is his baby...then he can post it up.

90'rado....'yes' to all you mentioned....plus...for those who don't have the ability to do their own tuning....they can take it to ANY tuner.
As for going with a newer PCM....it would be nice to go with a 1mb unit. The 99+ 0411 was chosen because a vehicle (Express van) came standard from the factory with the 0411 PCM and L31 motor so a base tune was readily available.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing the main advantage to the 411 PCM swap into an OBS is that you get higher resolution tables, added functionality, and faster processing & data logging capabilities?? I'm still running the 747 ECM which is decent IMHO, but leaves a lot to be desired. Can someone PLZ do a writeup on this, especially if anyone has any info on swapping from 747 ECM to the 411. One question by the way, what's the avantage to going 411 rather than some other newer PCM out there. I was going to go the EBL route since it would probably be the simplest for me, but the desired input ratio for the DRAC module w/ my future ring and pinion ratio and tire size is beyond it's limits. oh well.

Hey 'Rado, you could do the 411 swap, but yours would be much more difficult since you're currently OBDI, and unless I'm mistaken, you'd have to swap out more than just the PCM and make your truck OBDII, including adding things like a crank reluctor/sensor, and most likely adding/changing various other sensors, and pinning an OBDII port. and on top of that, I'm not even sure if the 411 has the ability to run only 2 TBI injectors, so you may have to convert to a MPFI setup too.

the 411 swap on the 96+ trucks is a cakewalk and can be done like was mentioned in 4ish hours, with simple re-pinning of the engine harness, but unfortunately trying to do so with a pre-96 truck it wouldn't be so simple.

on the positive side, with your T56, you wouldn't have to worry about virtually any transmission stuff, someone running an early 4l60 or something would have a much more difficult time completing the swap IMO. if you wanted to try and tackle the project, I think you may be one of (if not THE) first pre-96 truck running the 411.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'm stuck with the speed-density, stone age ECM for a while then, oh welll.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found a ton of 411s the other day at the yard but didnt grab one because i still dont have efi live. but if anyone does this swap on a pre 96 i will follow! my 92 would def benifit from that hahaha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530