99+ LS1 PCM swap into OBS GMT400 trucks/SUV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Not trying to get too off topic again, but what would keep people from going with an early early 90's Vette or Camaro computer for there OBD1 setups?

Last edited:

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not trying to get too off topic again, but what would keep people from going with an early early 90's Vette or Camaro computer for there OBD1 setups?

You could do it, just gotta compare the pinouts I believe and maybe change some wires around. The ECMs in those vehicles I believe could have been either speed density OR mass air, all being OBD1.
You'd probably want something with a higher baud rate than the 747 to give you more data to make tuning easier.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
A good website with tons of info on the OBD2 stuff, I know its geared for LT1 engines but a lot of the stuff is nearly identical for our harnesses, is http://www.shbox.com/ Specifically http://shbox.com/1/schematics_wiring.html

If you are chopping wires up, this is a pretty good guide to help you out trying to figure out what that one color wire does. Again this is info collected on F-BODY LT1's, but is still helpful.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I found one today at the wreckers here and its not a 411 but the numbers on it are Serv. No. 09354896 and HDW No. 16220610 its a 2000 Silverado with a 4.8 so I was thinking it should be the same... Does anyone know if this will work and if I should get it????

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to the April 2007 GM HiTech Performance magazine. The 0411 has a faster processor than the 4896 PCM and some of the internal memory was moved around. I would just get the 12200411 PCM. There is no need to be the Guinea Pig on a proven project.

Jeff

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
411's are $50 a piece at my salvage yard. http://www.car-part.com/ That searches all the recyclers that participate (over 12,000 according to the site) I look for a 2002 Silverado 1500 Engine Computer and in the notes it says the service tag number usually. you can narrow it down to just your state, or if your near a big city the city. REALLY good site for junkyard projects. Im thinking about getting a spare hood for like $60 and making my own cowl hood, that way if I screw it up, I didnt ruin my hood.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the April 2007 GM HiTech Performance magazine. The 0411 has a faster processor than the 4896 PCM and some of the internal memory was moved around. I would just get the 12200411 PCM. There is no need to be the Guinea Pig on a proven project.

Jeff

Awesome thats all I wanted to know... Would the wiring harness from the 4896 work with the 0411 so maybe Ill just grab that for now and keep my eyes peeled for just a 0411 PCM?? There isn't an abundance of these trucks in my nearby U Pull It so I wanna get whatever I can incase I don't see another one for awhile.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I am planning on swapping out my pcm when I do my 80-E swap. So now I have two options: Buy EFILive and learn how to tune it myself, or have Black Bear Performance tune it. Since I live not to far away from them I should probably take my 'hoe to them and have it tuned. I think it would be cheaper too. I just don't see the advantage of buying the whole software for a few tunes. As far as re-tunes go, Black Bear does them for free.