99+ LS1 PCM swap into OBS GMT400 trucks/SUV's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am planning on swapping out my pcm when I do my 80-E swap. So now I have two options: Buy EFILive and learn how to tune it myself, or have Black Bear Performance tune it. Since I live not to far away from them I should probably take my 'hoe to them and have it tuned. I think it would be cheaper too. I just don't see the advantage of buying the whole software for a few tunes. As far as re-tunes go, Black Bear does them for free.

heh, its never 'just a few tunes', since I've got mine, I've litterally done hundreds of logs, and dozens (perhaps even hundreds) of tunes. but then again I'm extremely picky about stuff like that.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Here is one I found for $25 You could probably get them to ship it to you and be around $50 total, that will probably be less, but just one of those I found on http://www.car-part.com
If you cant figure it out just PM me with some details and I can get you a list.

Engine Computer
GMC Truck Sierra 1500
2-02,5.3,AT
Part Grade: A
Stock # 7797
$25
Tennessee Auto Salvage USA-TN(Greenbrier)
Request_Quote 1-800-242-7927

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Which ecm is used in the v8s that shut down the 4 cylanders for fuel economy?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have another question, i still have yet to do my swap but i got a 411 out of an s10 blazer. the reason its not done yet is simpley because i dont know what step i need to take next without getting efi live or TC. i would like to just have the van tune for NOW and down the road get the efi set up. i have a dealer thats pretty friendly and a guy that has been working for gm for almost 30 years. so i have acess to people that can reflash it, my problem is i need to know what to tell them to reflash it to. i heard all i need is the vin number to a van with the right set up. i have the manual trans and 4 wheel drive and its for the 97. do i need to buy a vin number or somthing or just copy one down? im not sure please help me lol!

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dealership will not be able to help you. The 02 Express van has a different Evap system and was not available with a manual trans. You will need to have V.A.T.S. deleted. You either need to get tuning software or have somebody with tuning software set up your tune.

Jeff

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which ecm is used in the v8s that shut down the 4 cylanders for fuel economy?

Unless you have an engine made for AFM control (the 4/8 cylinder mode stuff), just running the PCM won't work, there are mechanical issues as well. trust me, I've looked into it a bit. heh. grab a 411 and you're good.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Unless you have an engine made for AFM control (the 4/8 cylinder mode stuff), just running the PCM won't work, there are mechanical issues as well. trust me, I've looked into it a bit. heh. grab a 411 and you're good.

Would you mind dropping by a thread Ill make separate with your info on this?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you mind dropping by a thread Ill make separate with your info on this?

sure, I'm not an expert, but I have looked into getting AFM to work on my '96.