'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well, finally got around to swapping a lq4 in the burb!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Hey that looks convincing! Lol! Find a way to fasten it and most people looking at it couldn't tell the difference. I guess it's because I was a mechanic for a while and have worked on my on stuff all my life. But it never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some folks are to vehicles. I had a lady call me up once, wanted to know if I did road calls. I said well it depends on what it is. She says she has a motor home that needed and oil change and a general look over before she hits the road. I'm thinking sure thing! Then she says it, and I quote " I also need the air changed in the tires." I promptly asked why? And she said the motor home dealer told her that it had to be changed once a year or the air would go stale and damage the tires! And get this they charged her $150 to do it! I told her that she had been ripped off that air is air stale or not, but I would definitely make sure they were aired up to the proper psi. Long story short I did the service, got paid and she had it out with the dealer and got her money back for the two "air change" services she had done! Sorry for the ramble! Just wanted to share a funny story! Burb looks great!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey that looks convincing! Lol! Find a way to fasten it and most people looking at it couldn't tell the difference. I guess it's because I was a mechanic for a while and have worked on my on stuff all my life. But it never ceases to amaze me how oblivious some folks are to vehicles. I had a lady call me up once, wanted to know if I did road calls. I said well it depends on what it is. She says she has a motor home that needed and oil change and a general look over before she hits the road. I'm thinking sure thing! Then she says it, and I quote " I also need the air changed in the tires." I promptly asked why? And she said the motor home dealer told her that it had to be changed once a year or the air would go stale and damage the tires! And get this they charged her $150 to do it! I told her that she had been ripped off that air is air stale or not, but I would definitely make sure they were aired up to the proper psi. Long story short I did the service, got paid and she had it out with the dealer and got her money back for the two "air change" services she had done! Sorry for the ramble! Just wanted to share a funny story! Burb looks great!
Wow, that's rediculous how people take advantage of others that don't know a lot about vehicles. Good to hear she got her money back though! And thanks! I may have to find a way to fasten it until I actually do the swap lol.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Give me your paint quality and color.
And those foglights damnit.

Burb looks great! I've been searching for a Suburban like yours; except a 3/4 ton. And boy howdy is it hard as hell to find a K2500 Suburban with the tailgate/latch and a 350/80E.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Wow, that's rediculous how people take advantage of others that don't know a lot about vehicles. Good to hear she got her money back though! And thanks! I may have to find a way to fasten it until I actually do the swap lol.

Took some doing to get it back. After several arguments over the phone, I met her at the dealer. Made sure I wore my shirt with the ASE certified badge on it and I told the service manager he was full of **** and he knew it! The next step was a lawyer! He wrote her a check on the spot! Plus he was 5ft tall 100lbs maybe, with me a 6'1" 300 pounder chewing on his throat! Lol!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took some doing to get it back. After several arguments over the phone, I met her at the dealer. Made sure I wore my shirt with the ASE certified badge on it and I told the service manager he was full of **** and he knew it! The next step was a lawyer! He wrote her a check on the spot! Plus he was 5ft tall 100lbs maybe, with me a 6'1" 300 pounder chewing on his throat! Lol!
The intimidation factor always helps!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Give me your paint quality and color.
And those foglights damnit.

Burb looks great! I've been searching for a Suburban like yours; except a 3/4 ton. And boy howdy is it hard as hell to find a K2500 Suburban with the tailgate/latch and a 350/80E.
I'd let mine go for an identical k2500 burb in a heartbeat. It's hard to find a k2500 burb in good shape period! That's probably the only thing I'd let mine go for, and it would have to be near mint too.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'd let mine go for an identical k2500 burb in a heartbeat. It's hard to find a k2500 burb in good shape period! That's probably the only thing I'd let mine go for, and it would have to be near mint too.

I found one that fit my bill in Lexington, 1999, 350/80E, tailgate/latch, full leather interior and it had like 235,*** on the clock; all that for $3200.
I'd really like to find one with a blown motor; that way I could swap in an HT383E or some mildly built small block. But it seems like if a 3/4 ton burb with a small block blows the engine they just up and disappear.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't get sideways with people much! But that was ridiculous. Taking advantage of a 70 year old couple like that! Pissed me off! Done ranting! Let's talk about that foam gun! Details? I gotta get me one!
Lol the height comes in handy when you need it! But yes, the foam gun. I got it about 2 years ago from a company in California called Killerwaxx. It was around 70 dollars I believe and it came with the foam cannon and 2 16 oz bottles of 2 different soaps they sell. It uses a 1/4" quick disconnect on a pressure washer wand and works great! I use the pressure washer to knock the dust off, then foam it and let it break up the dirt and grime for a few minutes, then spray it off and continue washing it with the two bucket method.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found one that fit my bill in Lexington, 1999, 350/80E, tailgate/latch, full leather interior and it had like 235,*** on the clock; all that for $3200.
I'd really like to find one with a blown motor; that way I could swap in an HT383E or some mildly built small block. But it seems like if a 3/4 ton burb with a small block blows the engine they just up and disappear.
I wish I wouldve seen that! Thats right near me tol! I'd much rather have a 2500 as the base for a lq4/lq9 swap. Plus I love the way they sit from the factory, minus the rear being tucked in the fender wells so far.