'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should definitely find a way to fasten that on there and just confuse everyone haha.
But seriously your burb is one of my favorite rigs. Makes me wanna go out an detail mine, then I remember all the small dents an paint chips:(

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I found one that fit my bill in Lexington, 1999, 350/80E, tailgate/latch, full leather interior and it had like 235,*** on the clock; all that for $3200.
I'd really like to find one with a blown motor; that way I could swap in an HT383E or some mildly built small block. But it seems like if a 3/4 ton burb with a small block blows the engine they just up and disappear.
I had a 97 k2500 Burb. Emerald green on top, gold on the bottom. Had a 454, 4:10's! It was a beast! I have regretted selling it since the day I did! Been trying to buy it back! The ******* won't sell it to me!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I wish I wouldve seen that! Thats right near me tol! I'd much rather have a 2500 as the base for a lq4/lq9 swap. Plus I love the way they sit from the factory, minus the rear being tucked in the fender wells so far.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Drives me crazy seeing the rears tucked in. The front end looks mean as hell with the little bit of stance these bullet hole rims have; but you get to the rear and it looks wimpy.
So a set of inch and a half spacers are going to be on order one of these days.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should definitely find a way to fasten that on there and just confuse everyone haha.
But seriously your burb is one of my favorite rigs. Makes me wanna go out an detail mine, then I remember all the small dents an paint chips:(
I appreciate it! That's no reason not to detail yours! Mine has chips on the hood and rockers, and I have several dings, one that I found today that's bugging me.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may take the bracket off a gmt800 for the cover and make a bracket to fasten to the thumb screw on the air intake neck. It fits perfectly the way the intake tube comes out the side.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate it! That's no reason not to detail yours! Mine has chips on the hood and rockers, and I have several dings, one that I found today that's bugging me.

I may have to tomorrow now. I cnt even tell you have any dings.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may have to tomorrow now. I cnt even tell you have any dings.
1 on the front drivers fendsr, 2 in rear drivers door, one on passenger barn door, and 3 in rear pass door. I may get them fixed one day, may not

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
1 on the front drivers fendsr, 2 in rear drivers door, one on passenger barn door, and 3 in rear pass door. I may get them fixed one day, may not

Lucky. My truck's got right around 17 dings not counting the ones I missed. And the bed's got a crease in it from a fight with a gooseneck or 5th wheel I assume.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lucky. My truck's got right around 17 dings not counting the ones I missed. And the bed's got a crease in it from a fight with a gooseneck or 5th wheel I assume.
Sadly mine's not all original paint though, the front fenders and doors have been repainted at some point before 2002 when dad bought it. The front bumper was aftermarket, and the paint job on the drivers side is different from the work on the passenger side. On the passenger side, they didn't remove the molding so when I went to demold it, there was factory paint underneath so I had to put it back on. Eventually I'm having both front doors and fenders repainted.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im working on getting a parts list together for a lq4 swap. From what I'm understanding I'll need a flexplate spacer, correct? I plan to use an 04 up lq4.