98 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
That looks really good! I think you should go with the goldbrown color, "everyone" uses black :)

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here is what the brown looks like after getting all of the body filler and rust off.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is after one coat. If I decide to keep it this color I'm going to sand it smoother and do another coat or two and then do all of the blue along the bottom. It's like a wet sand color when it dries. I'd probably put the body moldings back on after painting. Might just go black though...
Ughh is it just me or are you laying frame in this photo?

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol what? no

That is the same distance off the ground as any other picture.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today so far I have removed the molding and then I took the drivers side door off. I replaced the exterior door handle and the door latch. I also did the hinge pins. Turns out the holes the bushings go into are wore out as well so my bushing are just going to deteriorate again.

Also I went to replace the door striker and the back plate isn't secured at all. So now I have to remove the plastic panels in the interior just to install this stupid striker bolt. What a poor design.

The plan is to do the passenger side door as well today, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. I wanted to do them both and then prep for painting the trim which will require taking the bumpers off.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The door striker ended up being really easy. Right after I went back out to figure it out I realized the bin in the back pulls out and you can reach back there to hold the backing plate up.

New Kicker speakers in my stereo that doesn't work.

Driver's side door is done. It opens and shuts level now. Those bushings are not going to last, but luckily they are way easy to change out. Although it was a pain without a helper having to carry the door around.

I sprayed some of the lighter sand colored stuff on there to see how it looks in comparison. I like the dark, but the lighter stuff seems to match the pewter a little better. Either way if it turns out like crap I'll just cover it in bed liner.

Mudgopher

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran across this on craigslist, I want it so bad

They want $5000