98 k1500 will start but won't run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats up fellas ran into this issue with my truck yesterday where it took me 5 times to run. It starts an turns over but doesnt run. I checked to see if i could hear fuel pump but cant hear anything lol could it possibly be fuel filter, bad ground ive read egr valve lol need help

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it starts and sputters out? Probably the fuel pump, Best test would be to check the fuel pressure it needs to maintain at least 55psi while running.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it starts and sputters out? Probably the fuel pump, Best test would be to check the fuel pressure it needs to maintain at least 55psi while running.

Doesnt sputter just the engine will turn over it just wont come on

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also long crank time im gonna see if i can get my hands on a fuel pressure guage? An go from there what else would cause this issue? Bad ground dizzy cap an rotor?

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck doesnt run not sure how i can test pressure when the truck wont even run? Help

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Truck doesnt run not sure how i can test pressure when the truck wont even run? Help

It doesn't need to run, it needs the key in the on position.

However, starting fluid or gasoline down the throttle body will provide the same test.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: have fuel pressure checked spark on my coil and theres plenty of spark there. Checked spark coming from distributor cap wire and was barely getting any spark at all going to replace distributor cap and rotor along with spark plug wires and spark plugs an go from there..