98 GMC K2500 454 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Love this truck! Cant wait to see progress

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Love this truck! Cant wait to see progress

Thanks man!

Progress report: Got the box for the sub built and the whole set up installed last night. After driving for a day I decided I need to turn the amp down a tad, too much boom for my liking. Also found some free time to install my toolbox as well.

And my new injectors showed up today, waiting for my RockAuto order of FPR, plenum gaskets, and fuel rail o-rings to show up before I tackle that project. Thankfully the weather is actually starting to be nice here so it should make the job a whole lot easier.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
A few pics of the interior with all the LED's.

You must be registered for see images attach

And a quick pic I managed to get of the new turn signals. You can tell how pitiful my headlights really are. The light output is comical. Gotta do something about those here soon.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
A few pics of the interior with all the LED's.

And a quick pic I managed to get of the new turn signals. You can tell how pitiful my headlights really are. The light output is comical. Gotta do something about those here soon.

Leds look great my head lights are the same way

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Great looking truck. I haven't been on in awhile or I would have chimed in. Hopefully you got the Bosch style injectors and not the Rochester or Delphi replacements. Also, be sure to check that you are getting the proper fuel pressure after swapping the FPR. I ran for almost a year 6-10 PSI below spec because I assumed the FPR I received was the correct one. Wrong. The one I was given maxed at 50 PSI, and you need at least 56. I purchased another thinking it had gone bad somehow and got the same result. I fixed it by getting one that was listed for the Vortec 350, now runs anywhere from 58-65 PSI.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Leds look great my head lights are the same way

Once I get maintenance items addressed headlights are next on my to do list. I'm thinking new housings, HID's, and building my own HD harness with 4-HI.

Great looking truck. I haven't been on in awhile or I would have chimed in. Hopefully you got the Bosch style injectors and not the Rochester or Delphi replacements. Also, be sure to check that you are getting the proper fuel pressure after swapping the FPR. I ran for almost a year 6-10 PSI below spec because I assumed the FPR I received was the correct one. Wrong. The one I was given maxed at 50 PSI, and you need at least 56. I purchased another thinking it had gone bad somehow and got the same result. I fixed it by getting one that was listed for the Vortec 350, now runs anywhere from 58-65 PSI.

Thanks! Don't worry I got the Bosch, I got the same parts that Richard (someotherguy) used in this write up over on FSC.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...r-fuel-pressure-replacement-upgrade-pics.html

That's interesting about the FPR though, I will definitely be double checking it once it's installed. Thanks for the heads up!

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
The deed is done. It was way more of a PITA than I thought, but worth it.

All torn apart

Fuel rail all prepped with new injectors, FPR, and o-rings.

She runs like a champ now. No more forever starts and my slight miss at idle seems to be gone as well.

Also ended up having to replace the upper radiator hose, had to cut it to get it off.

Also found this beauty while I was tearing into it. No leaks for now but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Pulled a few of the spark plugs out to see how well they were holding up after it running rich for so long. They looked fantastic with probably less than 20,000 miles on them. So check that off the to do list. Have been tossing around the idea of replacing the 02 sensors just to be safe, not quite sure yet. Also checked the EGR while I had it off, looks rough on the outside but appears to function perfectly. CTS looks fairly new to.

Now instead of dumping money into maintenance items I can funnel some more of it toward some mods.

Last edited:

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
Very nice truck waiting for more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk