98 GMC K2500 454 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The non-destructive route would have been to pull the bed, or tip it to the passenger side.

Why? Some guys cut the hole on purpose for future work when I have to do mine I'm going to cut the hole 2

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Changed the oil and greased the front end on it today. And spent a good hour under there with a putty knife scrapping all the years of grease and grime off the front end parts and frame. It needs a date with some engine degreaser and a pressure washer under there.

Found out my tie rods are toast, and the u joints are starting to clunk. Time to order those along with new tires and get an alignment. I'm about to be broke......

The boots on all 4 ball joints are gone, I greased them the best I could but who knows how long the grease will actually stay. There's no play in them so for now I'm going to leave them alone. I'm waiting on that project until the joints themselves need replaced. Anyone who has done joints on these trucks (especially one from the rust belt) will understand why lol.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The boots on all 4 ball joints are gone, I greased them the best I could but who knows how long the grease will actually stay. There's no play in them so for now I'm going to leave them alone. I'm waiting on that project until the joints themselves need replaced. Anyone who has done joints on these trucks (especially one from the rust belt) will understand why lol.

Do it while we have good weather. You don't want to be in the middle of winter and notice that your new tires are wearing becasue you didn't do the ball joints when it was warm out.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Mise well wear um out if there's no play

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Tires and tie rod adjusters showed up today!

You must be registered for see images attach

Now if only those stinkin' tie rods would get here.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Installed my GM HD ignition box. Idle is sooo much smoother now.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Was going to try and install a flowmaster 40 I picked up for cheap but its too dang windy to weld right now.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that from GM. Is that a current product? What's it supposed to do for you? Any idea if it's just a rebadged MSD?

Rebadged MSD 6A. Had never seen one before til I found it at a local swap meet. I have no idea if it's still being produced or not. I can grab a part # from it if you'd like.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Not really part of my build. (well I do seem to get roped into being a pullout truck at some point). But still thought I'd share this. Local mud bog near my hometown. Started out small, maybe only a few hundred people in attendance at most. Last time there was a few thousand. Glad to see this place taking off, run by good people and it's always one helluva good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ntydZrdaI#t=24

It's Squires Mud Bog in Sparland, IL. Here's their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SquiresMudBoggs

The next event is scheduled for September 6th. Anyone who can make it should definitely come out. Even if you don't have a truck to run, it's plenty of fun to just spectate. Quads and Dirt Bikes are welcome as well!