98 GMC K2500 454 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Towing mirrors are installed and wired up. And just in time for Prom tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

Quick vid of them in operation. They're wired up as running lights and turn signals. Sorry for the poor quality. I took it with my ancient cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi-xbSKbayE&feature=youtu.be

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Towing mirrors are installed and wired up. And just in time for Prom tonight.

Quick vid of them in operation. They're wired up as running lights and turn signals. Sorry for the poor quality. I took it with my ancient cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi-xbSKbayE&feature=youtu.be

Awesome

sent from inside Francine

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love the truck! I've got to ask; where did you get your cab lights? I'm looking at getting some for my truck and smoking them to match my blacked out theme.

-Nick

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Had to put a fuel pump in it last weekend. Crapped out on me while I was on my way to class. Had a buddy with a trailer come get me. It poured down rain the entire time we were loading it.

Tried dropping the tank. No go, couldn't get the quick disconnect tool in there to remove the fuel lines. The way the DMI bumper mounts it blocks the rear bolts for the bed so couldn't go that route either. Had to cut a hole, no biggie. I made it removable for future use. And the toolbox covers it so you can't even tell it's there.

Also pulled this with it last night. My new trailer.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I broke the one in my 94. Still kinda works yet though

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Tried dropping the tank. No go, couldn't get the quick disconnect tool in there to remove the fuel lines. The way the DMI bumper mounts it blocks the rear bolts for the bed so couldn't go that route either. Had to cut a hole, no biggie. I made it removable for future use. And the toolbox covers it so you can't even tell it's there.

The non-destructive route would have been to pull the bed, or tip it to the passenger side.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I broke the one in my 94. Still kinda works yet though

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

I've never had one break before believe it or not. Took me 4 trucks to finally experience this lovely engineering "oops".

The non-destructive route would have been to pull the bed, or tip it to the passenger side.

I was working by myself, so i doubt I could have physically even removed the bumper to get to the rear bed mounts. And it's not just the chrome bumper part that would have had to come off, it's the whole spring cushioning guts and all. Ideally I would have liked to just pull the bed, but had to do what I had to do to get the truck back on the road. I've stood on the panel after I reattached it and it doesn't move, so it's plenty strong. And TBH I kinda like it, makes any future work there really really easy.

i like this build

Thanks!!!

Next investment this truck is getting is tires!! They're getting bald. Still can't decide between an A/T or and M/T. Farm and Fleet needs to have one of their Buy 3 Get 1 Free sales here soon lol.