98 GMC K2500 454 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah, i dont blame you man, sometimes its best to get out from under stuff. Especially when you've got a ton of projects on hand.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Also, as far as insurance. I'd try to talk to the bank in letting you remove the liability coverage so it's just covered under comp/collision. They should allow you to do that. They only care because they have insurable interest in the vehicle. If it gets totaled they want their money. But if you're not driving it out on the streets, they should let you drop it down to comprehensive only which should drop your insurance down to like 20 a month or less. (like you would if you were storing a corvette for the winter) Just a thought, i have a little background in insurance so i know how that whole thing goes down lol.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Also, as far as insurance. I'd try to talk to the bank in letting you remove the liability coverage so it's just covered under comp/collision. They should allow you to do that. They only care because they have insurable interest in the vehicle. If it gets totaled they want their money. But if you're not driving it out on the streets, they should let you drop it down to comprehensive only which should drop your insurance down to like 20 a month or less. (like you would if you were storing a corvette for the winter) Just a thought, i have a little background in insurance so i know how that whole thing goes down lol.
Nope, been there done that. I dropped the full coverage and put storage insurnace on it (just like a vette), and they forced coverage onto it since it didnt meet there "standards". So I had to change it back. My insurance company couldnt believe it. They werent too happy with the bank either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
When its a $400 a month lawn ornament it gets easier to part with lol.

WOW, $400/month... that's alot! That almost covers all 3 of my vehicles including 3x insurance, 2x taxes, 2x garages, one parking space and fuel for my truck, I can see why it's easier to part with it then. It still sucks tho having to sell rather then wanting to sell it, I hope it works out for you.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
That really sucks man.. that's ridiculous if you're not driving it. They should allow you to reduce it to comp/collision only.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Its a truck loan for a $5k truck, its not a $50k vehicle you're trying to drop down coverage on.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Its a truck loan for a $5k truck, its not a $50k vehicle you're trying to drop down coverage on.
I tried explaining this, so did my insurance company. They want full coverage on any vehicle they finance regardless of the purchase price. My buddy had to finance a $2K truck just because he got in a bad financial spot when he wrecked his other one. Same bank, same deal. When it was running I didnt mind. If I could drop the coverage on it maybe I could afford to fix it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk