98 C1500 RCSB question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've decided to go with a DJM 4/6 kit. Just not sure which one. The truck I just picked up has 209k. I'm leaning towards the 4/6+ as I like that the control arm bushings and ball joints are included. I'm sure this suspension is worn out. Just worried it won't sit low enough for what I am trying to achieve. Anyone here used this kit as opposed to springs and spindles? I plan on using 18x8.5 wheels front and rear so I can rotate the tires. I'll be driving this truck daily.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
It's really up to you and what you are doing with your truck. I didn't haul anything in my 88 and went with 4/6 McG's spindles and springs. Soon after driving it with factory sport wheels it wasn't low enough then bagged it.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Static is really my best option right now. Just curious what everyone preferred. Coils and controls arms or coils and drop spindles

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Lots of guys do springs and ca's but I prefer spindles and springs. Drop spindles are made to the correct geometry when lowering your truck, don't get me wrong both ways will drop your truck I just like the latter.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Djm says control arms are the best way to drop and maintain geometry. They also told me you can't use control arms and drop spindles together. I'm just afraid it wont get low enough with the CA'a but I like that it's an easy step to rebuilding the front end. Probably just being stupid as I can use 3" springs with 2" C.A's. I don't have to worry about pot holes here and I don't mind rubbing occasionally.