'98 Busurban Storm Chase Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a bit of deferred maintainance that my truck is needing; the oil cooler lines are leaking, the E-Brake is not working, the front brake pads getting a little thin, and it definitely needs an oil change.

You must be registered for see images attach
So I'm doing the right thing and putting '33s on it instead. I found these 15x7 American Racing Outlaw 2's on market place for an absolute steal. I also found a set of used BFG AT 33x10.5x15's at a local tire shop for $50 a tire (They are from 2014) and I'm going to put it all together tomorrow.

I'm still not quite sure about the tires, but they are so cheap that I sorta have to get them even if they are old (I'll still keep my 31's just in case it doesn't work out.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

New rubber baby!

I still need to get some center caps/lug nuts, but every thing looks good otherwise.

I also need to repaint the white letters.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if you've tried this stuff but it works.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I had my white letters facing inwards and they were covered with brake dust. This stuff got the white out. Adding tire shine was the cherry on top.
Bad pic but this is one of the tires that was covered.

Attachments

• 20230830_182328.jpg
    20230830_182328.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 15

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a lot of work to the truck today including the oil cooler delete, as well as reinstalling the front drive shaft.

Doing the delete seems to have bumped the oil pressure up about 10 PSI when warm (it used to hover around 20 when warm and idling).

Now this is a truck I can park on the driveway as I officially have no leaks whatsoever.

While I was at it, I also gave the truck a good well needed cleaning (it was just packed full of junk).

One last thing, I noticed this while underneath the truck; is that a block heater?

If so AWESOME!!!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was perusing the junkyard the other day and came upon this absolutely mint bench out of an 80,000 mile '92 W/T.

I just happended to have a 1/2 off coupon that day, so I was able to pick this puppy up for $45.

The bench that was in the truck isn't horrible, but the foam was collapsed, and the bottom had obviously been reupholstered with some cheap material.

I don't really care that it doesn't match, it's way more comfy to sit on than the old one.

Also, I repainted the Jester-Tech logo on my door (I wish I used white as my shadow instead of black).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What have I gotten myself Into?

So as some of you may recall that the truck had a slightly rusted out floor pan when I bought it.

I did do a bit of a half assed repair using a road sign and that was perfectly fine.

Until I decided to pull the rubber mat up today.

It's way worse than I remember it being, I just went ahead and hacked out all the bad metal. I guess I'm going to be cutting a floor out of a junkyard truck on monday.

At least all the inner structure is isn't rusty. Some welding, POR15, and elbow grease, this should all be good.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got to looking at the floor again, and I decided that I really need to close this can of worms for now.

I'm going to need this truck bad for the next few months, and I'm not going to have time (or good enough tools at home) to actually do this properly.

Starting in January, I'm going to college (Traditional College, not trade school) and I'm not going to have time for much else. (I'm going to be a student in the morning and a panel beater at night.)

I think for now, I'm going to cut some sheet metal out of an old hood and screw it down over the missing area, then POR15 the rest since I'm needing this truck on Monday.

Last edited: