98 6/4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
so I'm still comtelplating buying my Grandpas '98 c1500 but I can still atleast dream and inquire in the time being since this will/may be my first lowered truck, my goal would be for a 6/4 and 20"s but 4/2 is a possibility depending on money and y'alls opinon

1. Is it cheaper to buy an entire 6/4 drop seperate or do the 4"s to the rear first then buy the front first? also my fender measurements put the front only an inch lower than the rear

2. How much drop would i have to put on before a notch is required?

3. anything else y'all suggest would be appreciated as I'm extremely new to lowering and a complete dumbass.

Last edited:

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
lol yeah I'm slightly dislexic(sp), how much is a 2/4 compared to a 4/6 and what companies do yall recommend?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably will be cheaper to find a complete kit. Moved to lowered suspension.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Belltech, DJM, Mcghauhys...

These 3 and I would also add Western Chassis as a good company. Whatever you do, AVOID AIM/Chassis Tech/Truckn.com at all costs. They are the same company and if you do some searching, you'll see why you should avoid them.

It's going to be cheaper for you to buy the entire kit, so do your research before you buy so you'll know what you're after.

For #2, 4" in the rear is pretty much the max before you need a notch. Even with a 4" drop, you'll likely end up bottoming out on some bumps. I know I did.

Soulman07

Reaction score
Stylintrucks.com has mad sales going on right now... I just purchased a 5/8 setup all DJM for 743.00 shipped to my door. Front spindles.. 3 inch coils, rear flip kit, notch, shackles and front toxic shocks and rear toxics as well. Took 3 days to get here for fedex home. Shipping would have been about a grand with all of what I wanted with western chassis...

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've decided to hold off on a second truck I'll be getting a bike of some sorts instead.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine rides great
ive got a 4/6
ive recently heard belltech and djm are the same company and the parts are randomly picked off the line,,how true this is idk but i kinda believe it