98 6/4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats good to hear haha because ive been real real hesitent towards purchasing it. but i do got another question how do you think the ride quality is on a 5/7 drop?

Ride quality of a 5/7 will not be much different than the ride quality of a 4/6. The only thing that will change the ride is that you're using a 3" spring instead of a 2" spring, so it'll be just a tad firmer. To me, a truck dropped with firmer springs feels better than stock anyhow. Stock is way too soft for my tastes.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I have a couple set's of Toxic's and yeah they don't ride great, and I were going to go 7+ in the back I would use the AVS under bed notch, I gives a lot more clearance than either the belltech or djm notch, and you still don't have to cut the bed floor. Also the AVS notch can be welded, or you can drill holes and bolt it on like a bell. or DJM notch.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 8" rear drop was with a standard DJM c-notch and I rarely bottomed, even when loaded. Hell, I still have that same notch even with the bags.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's definitly better than how mine was, back before I bagged mine I had it lowered 6 in the back with a belltech flip kit and belltech c-notch, and you could breathe on it and it would bottom out, it was within a pencil thickness from the frame with nothing in the bed. It rode terrible, but I fixed that, Ha Ha.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should have also said though mine was ext. cab, and was heavier than a reg cab, I have done a couple of DJM flip kit's for people with 88-98 reg. cab truck's and they did have a lot more clearance.