97 Silverado Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

android

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I figured I would start a build thread for my 97 Silverado Z71 Stepside that I am most likely going to be getting. It's not mine yet, the money and title have not switched hands, but its pretty much a done deal and I'm really excited because this is my first truck. Long story short is that it was my neighbor's truck, he bought it new in 97 but he is getting up in age and the only person to drive it in the past two years was me. I took some pictures of it, it has an upfitter interior (for the lack of a better name) that I haven't seen in another truck, the seats are very comfortable. I also got some pictures of doing the starter motor today.
You must be registered for see images attach

I removed the air box to get more light

The new and the old, it was cranking really slow when it was cold and wouldn't even turn the motor over when it was warmed up, now it cranks up real fast!! I used the ACDelco Professional starter, hope its gonna last a long time!!

Not sure why I have to click on the pictures to make them big, can anyone tell me!?!

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks like a really nice truck man congrats! The pics look fine to me

android

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I remember your username from somewhere, have you been on Tristan's 1994 z71 build thread?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think everyone has haha! Welcome aboard! clean truck!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah sure has! and on a high school kid's budget to boot

android

Reaction score
I'm planning on a 6in RCX lift with black MT classic III and 35's. But I'm running on a buh bum dah....high school budget!! So it will have to be in baby steps, prob a cheap 2in block and crank to start.

android

Reaction score
So I kinda forgot to put this on the first post but this is one of the trucks that had duals from the factory. So its true duals with cats all the way back the the muffler which has 2 inlets and 2 outlets, but its getting chopped because its too quiet!!! The fuel pump is louder than the exhaust!! It's also got tips!! Also the purchase of it should happen around the end of the month or early next month!!:)

Anyone have any suggestions for good clear headlights? I was thinking about getting these.... http://www.amazon.com/SPPC-Clear-Crystal-Headlights-Fullsize/dp/B00O83FC3U/ref=sr_1_15?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1421508579&vehicle=1997-47-454-440-30-32--8-1290--9-2---1-0&sr=1-15&ymm=1997%3Achevrolet%3Ak1500