96twodoor's 96 2dr build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Heh im finding it amusing that the three of us are also on 67-72 lol I have a slightly aborted thread on there as well. Like i said to P2 yesterday i suspect they would tar and feather me if they knew what i was doing with my "69 GMC

Thats my 2nd favorite forum , but I love oobs's and there are SOO many good builds on there . What you doin to your 69

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can ever get that God forsaken firebird outta my garage im going to do somethings to them though. But first the garage will need a good cleaning an declutter. Plus I got new lights an cabinets to put up that ive had for over a year...

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
If I can ever get that God forsaken firebird outta my garage im going to do somethings to them though. But first the garage will need a good cleaning an declutter. Plus I got new lights an cabinets to put up that ive had for over a year...

firebird?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thats my 2nd favorite forum , but I love oobs's and there are SOO many good builds on there . What you doin to your 69

Diesel powered Straight axle 4x4 with bobbed chassis. Basically a full out off road rig with a sleeper from a square body just behind the cab and a short deck with enough space for a fuel cell and tire rack

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long story, I bought it cheap with a blown engine to dd. Put a jy engine in it an drove it almost a year, while doing other repairs/upgrades. Sold it to a "friend" on paymentd when I got my truck. He tore the trans out of it in less than 2 months, so he gave it back. Made $400 in payments, but cause $1200 in messing up the trans. Ive been plugging away at fixing it for about 6 months now.

There is no way I will be able to recoup what ive got tied up in it now though. :nono: its a 97 v6 almost a 5 spd btw

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Diesel powered Straight axle 4x4 with bobbed chassis. Basically a full out off road rig with a sleeper from a square body just behind the cab and a short deck with enough space for a fuel cell and tire rack
pretty cool imo
Long story, I bought it cheap with a blown engine to dd. Put a jy engine in it an drove it almost a year, while doing other repairs/upgrades. Sold it to a "friend" on paymentd when I got my truck. He tore the trans out of it in less than 2 months, so he gave it back. Made $400 in payments, but cause $1200 in messing up the trans. Ive been plugging away at fixing it for about 6 months now.

There is no way I will be able to recoup what ive got tied up in it now though. :nono: its a 97 v6 almost a 5 spd btw

sounds like the same story s my s10 blazer, except I never sold it

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
small update on the dually . took all the nasty stank carpet out and did a roll on bedliner in its place. This should hold me over till I'm ready for new carpet . The tahoe finally received it DI/DO magnaflow but Im not liking it so far so a spintech might be in its future .
You must be registered for see images attach

Man that turned out great!

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Update, I posted these in another thread yesterday but for those who havent seen em here you go . I got my ebay corners after waiting nearly a month but once I put them on I was nt mad anymore .

Also finally got my door panels pretty much done after 3 months of putting it off . Pretty excited to get em installed .

I dont think I have posted any pics of my center caps with the ebay stickers , must say I couldnt be happier with them.(I got the bubble out after this pic)