96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
i have hub caps. i have the chrome ring but they wont fit, the rims are crappy wagon wheels. the stock center cap did fit. i like the look of the black and chrome. the kid i got rims from spray painted the rims. they are chrome. i might take paint off and see how they look chrome this spring. do freaking cold up here now. last night it was -18 where i live!

I feel your pain on the cold. And hopefully they aren't trashed under the paint.

sent from my broke down vortec

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got the rims and tires from craigslist for $400. 90% tread, mint tires. im running out of money quick with all the work i have done. these will have to do till one of you buy my harley! haha

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
i got the rims and tires from craigslist for $400. 90% tread, mint tires. im running out of money quick with all the work i have done. these will have to do till one of you buy my harley! haha

That's still a great deal.

sent from my broke down vortec

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice work man. how much work was it to pull the front fenders and paint the frame?

I am thinking about plowing my truck because i am unemployed going back to college at the end of the month and i could really use the money, but i wont do it unless i paint the rest of my frame

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did not pull fenders. its a pain but you can do the whole frame without pulling cab or fenders off. i used a 4" grinder with a cup brush and a chipping hammer for the heavy rust. then get brushing. the body is off the frame enough to sneek a brush in there, just slop it on heavy and spread it out. around the front suspension is a pain...worth it in the end. everywhere i go people comment on how nice it looks and think i fully restored the truck. haha.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thinking of body lift...really dont like them but tires rub if you get rough with her. it is fine on road. never touches. but i took it field riding in snow at like 20-25 mph, on a ct field, that means up hill, jumps, dips, ect. when you get the front end light over hills when you come down the other side and suspension compresses with tire turned it rubbed. im not going to off road alot, well i say that, haha, but dont plan on beating this truck every weekend, but i hate form over function, if it looks badass it better work just as hard or its worthless to me.
i see it can and cant be done. im thinking get a kit, mod fender to fit, make a new fan shroud, then get the air dam under the bumper(mine is missing) to cover the frame sticking out the front...i hate how that looks! what you guys think? any input is welcome....oh and my alignment is off 1.5 deg camber, so i gotta turn t bars down alittle so im thinking ill def need a body lift. most truck will pull is a uhaul trailer to texas if this damn house would sell!!!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shook like crazy, i could feel the bags pop one by one! pretty cool. each time it got smoother! then ran truck up highway a few miles and its wayyyy better. little shimmy but gotta get aligned again from guy not tightening the control arm and i adjusted t bars down a little...oh i also put rims on in the dark in a snow storm last time, this time when i put them on i saw the hub and rim dont match up! maybe a 1/8 to a 1/4" gap. so they are not hubcentric rims as of now...the lugs should center pretty good but i dont like that and i will be replacing rims when i get some cash coming. im sure thats where some of the shake is coming from.