92 5.7 ran great, now won't start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wait if its a 92 its like the old school dizzy right? i cant remember, is the rotor ****** up? when you crank it does it even move?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but just for grins I would have the new ignition module checked, I have more than once bought new part's that were bad brand new.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
possibly a ground somwhere being that it doesnt have spark all of the sudden out of no where,

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Your computer is inside the cab on the far right side of the passenger side, behind the glove box. There are 4x 7mm screws holding in the glove box liner, remove those, and with some gentle finesse you can get that out allowing access to it, check to see if there wernt any rats or something that made a nest in there and used the wires for food. Squirrels love that insulation. Cheap place to look, in case driving jarred a wire to short out there.

trackfiend

Reaction score
I will check those out tomorrow. I did have the guy at OReilly's test the new module before I left the store just to be sure. When I cleaned the interior of the truck after I got it I didn't see any signs of any animals having been inside. I did replace the blower motor for the fan since it was bad and there were no signs under the dash that anything had been in there nesting or otherwise. It's just frustrating as hell. Once again thank you guys for the ideas and help, I will keep you posted.

Reaction score
I am not sure, but is there a fusible link in the power wire going to the coil? I can't remember for the life of me if there is. Check to see if it has one and if it does that possibly could be your problem if it shorted out. No power to the coil=no sparky at the wires.