91 chevy ext. cab 5 speed...will iy hold up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you're still doing all those bolt-ons, I'd run a t3 exh turbine on each side with a t4 intake turbine. When doing your search for them, use the term "hybrid", that's when you mix different sized int/exh turbine housings.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You could go with a later NV3500 96+ has stronger parts, or an NV4500. If you want to break new ground you could try to fit one of those ZF S650 transmissions from a GMT800 heavy duty. Unfortunately 4wd is limited due to having to be able to bolt up a transfer case.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i have a nv3500 and i have no ploblems with it holding the power...the only thing i had that wouldn't hold the power is a 10 bolt

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
If you're still doing all those bolt-ons, I'd run a t3 exh turbine on each side with a t4 intake turbine. When doing your search for them, use the term "hybrid", that's when you mix different sized int/exh turbine housings.

When did we start talking about hair dryers?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
lol....original post mentioned it, so I figured I'd derail the tranny talk....it didn't work though :nono: