90 GMC Sierra SL Work in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well both rears were bad. Guess I need to rip fronts off and get them done too
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wife and I met from working on her truck. Love that my boys wanna work on it too.

I’m going to try my luck at hammering it back. Not looking for show quality, but would like it normal looking.

Boys hanging out with dad is a good thing, you will think sometimes they are in the way and then one day you will look up and they are grown and have surpassed you with mechanical abilities. And then you realize they absorbed everything they seen.
Great looking family enjoy my friend.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Boys hanging out with dad is a good thing, you will think sometimes they are in the way and then one day you will look up and they are grown and have surpassed you with mechanical abilities. And then you realize they absorbed everything they seen.
Great looking family enjoy my friend.

Thank you sir. Way beyond blessed for a guy like me.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I ordered the H4 bulbs for the headlight conversions. Ordered everything for the glove box hinge that’s broke, and for the hazard switch that’s not there. Going to autozone tonight to get the heavy duty water pump. I’m debating on getting new tails for $40. Idk if these can be buffed put or not. My stickler is lights. I wanna see and be seen.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I ordered the H4 bulbs for the headlight conversions. Ordered everything for the glove box hinge that’s broke, and for the hazard switch that’s not there. Going to autozone tonight to get the heavy duty water pump. I’m debating on getting new tails for $40. Idk if these can be buffed put or not. My stickler is lights. I wanna see and be seen.

Buff & clear coat or lacquer and they will look brand new if they are not cracked or broke.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I had good luck buffing the tails. I used a buffing wheel and red jewelers rouge to buff the lenses and then sprayed on a UV resistant clear coat. Here is the before/after .

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

So if I had to get a water pump, might as well spruce it up

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m going to try my luck at hammering it back. Not looking for show quality, but would like it normal looking.

Its not all that hard to find a bed, particularly a "battered" one that would still be in better shape than yours. I would look for one of those . The metal is so distorted that its liable to be pretty ugly after 5 pound sledge bodywork.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not all that hard to find a bed, particularly a "battered" one that would still be in better shape than yours. I would look for one of those . The metal is so distorted that its liable to be pretty ugly after 5 pound sledge bodywork.
True. I really want it on the road. Hoping taxes come back in soon. I need rear seat belts if the boys want to ride