90 GMC Sierra SL Work in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So having a weird issue. If the key is on and truck is off, as soon as you move out of park with the shifter, the gauges die. I replaced the neutral safety switch but no change. This was noticed trying to get the reverse lights to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would look for a ground or a loose connection under there somewhere. Sounds like something mechanical if changing the lever position kills the cluster lights. I would start with unplugging and re-plugging the cluster, particularly if you have ever done anything to it like adding LED's .

From there I would suggest looking at whatever runs near the mechanical stuff and whatever might move when it moves. Your culprit is probably around there somewhere. Please report what it is when you sort it out.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So did so little tasks to take my mind off the reverse issue. Swapped head lights. Removed the old sticker on the driver door. Let it run just idling. Still over heating and a small coolant leak on the passenger side. Looks like same spot as before I changed the water pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

I really like the blue

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured out the gauges going out. So when I would put it in gear the key would move back just enough to kill the truck. Got it to roll back and forth in the drive. It’s real low on power. Spits and sputters when any pedal is added

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the truck I’ve been driving, my wife’s 90 Z71, has a bad radiator, so mine was confiscated. I ordered a new fuel pump and sending unit as well as a 14psi fuel pressure spring. Should all be here Saturday. I replaced the sending unit on the driver side for temp but my gauge doesn’t work. Ordered the top sending unit and will be here as well on Saturday. Hoping it’s not the $75 gauge in the dash.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the front tires mounted. Going today and buying the radiator on the way home from work. Any luck and the fuel pump will be here at 2. Hoping that this gets it running smooth. Would like it legal on next check

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So did so little tasks to take my mind off the reverse issue. Swapped head lights. Removed the old sticker on the driver door. Let it run just idling. Still over heating and a small coolant leak on the passenger side. Looks like same spot as before I changed the water pump.

I really like the blue

That gas looks like varnish, I bet that is some good smelling stuff huh !?