90 GMC Sierra SL Work in progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I picked up this truck from a church friend. Wanted it out of his car port. Sat for about 7 years looking at the sticker. It was an old UT maintenance truck and it showed. Dents in the door. Custom ladder rack on the back. So I towed it the 1.3 miles home. On some flat tires. I know what shoes in the dryer feel like!
Here it is at home before cleaning it.
You must be registered for see images attach

And after washing it.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So he had it parked due to it wouldn’t start. Found a fusible link bad going to fuse panel. Replaced it. Found that it still wouldn’t start. Replaced every fusible link on the truck. Still nothing. Found that it had a bad wire in the wiring going to the ignition switch after replacing the switch. Ran a push button and she fired right up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Push button installed

Overall shot from side

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All of this was before Christmas. Had to halt work because of funds. Main reason is my oldest wanted a dog, and my wife’s Silverado needed an oil change and throttle body gasket. Ran so high idle that if you took foot of the brake, you could go 15mph easy not touching the gas at all

We’re chevy lovers ha ha. My ultimate plan is to get this running and sell our Duramax to get out of our payment. Finally got my high 6 mod done to it.

After Christmas I started again on the SL. changed the oil and filter. Oil wasn’t horrible considering sitting for 7 years. I jacked the rear end up and put it on stands because I got tired of airing up the right rear. When I went to air it up the last time the sidewall finally gave up its job. I planned on getting tires obviously but now I need to get them before my test drive now.

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some bright white leds for the dash. Started messing with radio wires

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m grabbing my tires tonight. I need to flush coolant and get a new t-stat as well before it goes on anything more than a test drive. I also believe my temp gauge needs a new sweeper motor. I’m sure my functionality list will go up after the first couple of drives.

I did have time yesterday before dinner to jack front tires up and check ball joints and then look at tie rods. Everything looked good. This truck didn’t have a back seat or brackets. I found a seat and brackets of facespace market place. So I’m getting them at lunch as well.

Last edited:

crashnitup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got the brackets in and mounted up on the seat. Seat latch is broke so hopefully it’s an easy fix. Completely forgot it doesn’t have seat belts so it will have to come out again for those. Just leaving West Columbia with my tires. Rims will have to go back on the Toyota 350 project, but I have a set of barely used 31x10.50s for her. Hope that everything I’ve read is correct on not needing a lift. I’m new to 2wd. I’ve only had 2 before. A dually and a lowered S10 (which really was a car with a really big open truck to be honest).