89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
looks good! cant wait to see your truck with a bed on lol

thank ya sir! i'm anxious to get it back on the truck too.. hehe

Very nice! I'll be moving on to the bed next weekend. I will be using your pics for reference:)

Jeff, the measurement we came up with on the over-all "raise" was 7 & 11/16"... i've heard 7 & 3/8" was popular too. Those numbers won't mean much if your adding a false floor (i forgot...) so far i'm real pleased with the way it looks. The big rectangle hole in the back will have a filler panel that i can remove to access my air management.

Looking good!!

thank you sir..

Looks awesome man

thanks kyle!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
:lol: easy enough with dicipline. I only have a part time job and ended up dropping close to ~$700 for my conversion in the last two weeks. With a full time job, i would've had a 5.3 by now :lol:

oh i know all about the discipline...i'm about burnt out on spending money hand over fist on the truck haha. i've got some projects to do around the house before taking on anymore changes to the truck. but i would love to put a stronger motor in her... it'll happen eventually, just don't know when.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
i've got headers (well, mid-length)... keep in mind my truck has the 5.0 not 5.7. i thought of getting a 5.7 later on to build or just bite the bullet and do 5.3

I think the heads are the same, no? Easy 30hp with Vortec 5.7 heads alone, plus cam and tune and you could potentially be putting out 300 at the flywheel. That'll break em' loose!

Reaction score
My brother just did an Edelbrock intake kit, it replaced the tbi with a carb.. Think he put a cheap Holly 650 double pumper, a chip, and Summit Afterburner headers. His was a 89 Z71 (didnt even have a Z71 sticker, just the old 4x4 one) with the 5.0, he was able to boil over 38" TSL Super Swamper Boggers...lol And snap a transfer case.. Then the ring and pinion.. then another transfer case and the rear of the tranny.. Dont think he ever learned from any of it tho..lmao