88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ if it does, we shall be paying you a visit... #1 to pick up the truck, and #2 you beat the since back into your head.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
those were the worst castings(506) for the 6.5 cracking into the waterjacket from the piston squirters,good thing you got rid of it before it starts doing that, im actually surprised you had hg failure eating coolant instead of the lower end cracking and misting coolant into the crank case, the pmd issues in them really don't make them a good candidate for a student to have to deal with either, hopefully it had a stanadyne one so it will stall instead of take off when it fails.

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
those were the worst castings(506) for the 6.5 cracking into the waterjacket from the piston squirters,good thing you got rid of it before it starts doing that, im actually surprised you had hg failure eating coolant instead of the lower end cracking and misting coolant into the crank case, the pmd issues in them really don't make them a good candidate for a student to have to deal with either, hopefully it had a stanadyne one so it will stall instead of take off when it fails.

It was a fun truck while it lasted. I'm sure it'll live on quite awhile longer, it appeared to be taken care of and I did the same obviously. If you read back I did have a flight systems PMD runaway shortly after buying it, replaced with a stanadyne.