88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Cool pics. Personally, I'm not a sand fan. 'Course I hate to drive my dually on grass. lol...

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Fella by the name of Lenny at Motorsport tech responded to my email saying it's no problem getting the spacers I need. The price difference between aluminum and steel isn't too bad either, now i'm just unsure if I need the steel ones being that these things are made out of Alcoa grade aluminum (whatever grade that would be) and are being made wheel and hub centric.

Thoughts guys?

EDIT == one more thought, would it be ridiculous to add a inch or inch/ and half spacer to the front dually wheels to space them out enough to match what the rear axle is going to look like? Or is that dumb? Might as well ask the dually guys that are ACTUALLY running dually wheels and spacers the questions about dually spacers. If I am hijacking your thread I apologize

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Fella by the name of Lenny at Motorsport tech responded to my email saying it's no problem getting the spacers I need. The price difference between aluminum and steel isn't too bad either, now i'm just unsure if I need the steel ones being that these things are made out of Alcoa grade aluminum (whatever grade that would be) and are being made wheel and hub centric.

Thoughts guys?

EDIT == one more thought, would it be ridiculous to add a inch or inch/ and half spacer to the front dually wheels to space them out enough to match what the rear axle is going to look like? Or is that dumb? Might as well ask the dually guys that are ACTUALLY running dually wheels and spacers the questions about dually spacers. If I am hijacking your thread I apologize
I would stick with steel if you are hauling or towing anything myself.

As far as spacers with the dually wheels, you put the new spacer between the rear duals to move the outer wheel away from the inner one so they dont rub - the inner wheel stays in the factor location. The front wheels will line up with the rear inner wheel still just like stock. using a spacer in the front wouldn't make any sense to me, because in order to get it spaced with the wheels in the rear you'd be basically flipping the wheel around.

dave_erald

Reaction score
... using a spacer in the front wouldn't make any sense to me, because in order to get it spaced with the wheels in the rear you'd be basically flipping the wheel around.

Oh no, I really wouldn't do that, but I have seen guys add a short spacer to the front to get the wheel out a little bit more just to make it look less narrow in the front in comparison to how wide the outers could end up being, but the more I think about it the more I believe maybe I should steer clear

As for the rear I have plenty of room between tire and spring/box inner fender, definitely need a spacer for in-between the two wheels. Though I am not sure what if anything I would be towing if ever, I do have plans to USE the truck, as in if I need to fill the bed with gravel or rocks or wood chips or bricks or drywall than I will.

I'll probably go steel adapters.

@88GMCtruck you're adapters you got, how snug do they fit on the axle hub itself? You mentioned you got the face of it machined for your Weld wheels, but I was curious on how tightly they fit to the axle hub. Thanks

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
They are pretty snug, I have no problems or concerns carrying the camper with them.

You must be registered for see images attach

And as far as the front, on a stock offset front wheel with 255/85R16 tires, they stick out past the flares on my truck..... And rub on compression when turned on the right side only...... I wouldn't bother. The K2500/CK3500 stuff was wider than their counterparts in front track width...

dave_erald

Reaction score
I guess I should probably wait until I sling that Dana 60 under the front before I say yay or nay to more spacers on the front. Thanks for your time man.

I almost bought a set of 255/85 Mud Terrain KM/2's. Oh well...

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are pretty snug, I have no problems or concerns carrying the camper with them.

You must be registered for see images attach

And as far as the front, on a stock offset front wheel with 255/85R16 tires, they stick out past the flares on my truck..... And rub on compression when turned on the right side only...... I wouldn't bother. The K2500/CK3500 stuff was wider than their counterparts in front track width...
This must be an old picture
Because I thought 83gmck3500's truck was green now

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
great Pics of the Oregon Dunes, One day man, One day I wanna go out there. I use to be a glamis Junkie, its still fun, but its really depressing seeing how thrashed some of the popular spots got.