88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I guess I should probably wait until I sling that Dana 60 under the front before I say yay or nay to more spacers on the front. Thanks for your time man.

I almost bought a set of 255/85 Mud Terrain KM/2's. Oh well...
No worries man, sometimes it's better to not jump the gun on some of those things.

This must be an old picture
Because I thought 83gmck3500's truck was green now
Yeah it's from when I put my tires on and before his truck was cab-swapped

great Pics of the Oregon Dunes, One day man, One day I wanna go out there. I use to be a glamis Junkie, its still fun, but its really depressing seeing how thrashed some of the popular spots got.
The Oregon dunes actually have remained pretty clean and not destroyed surprisingly, although areas have changed in the 30 years I've been going.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dunes used to be me second home for awhile. Just out of curiosity do you know a sand junkie by the name of Zane Kinney the works for Boeing? He is a total hippie complete with the vw bus but that guy can ride and drive a rail with the best precision I've ever seen.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
The dunes used to be me second home for awhile. Just out of curiosity do you know a sand junkie by the name of Zane Kinney the works for Boeing? He is a total hippie complete with the vw bus but that guy can ride and drive a rail with the best precision I've ever seen.
Never heard of him. Why the change on the dunes for yourself? I've been going my entire life, don't plan to stop.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Identify theft in 04. Lost damn near everything trying to save my all important credit rating. I put 10% cash down at a real estate auction. When I went to the bank to do my loan paperwork they needed to rerun my credit. I went from a 782 in 11/03 to 512 in 4/04. My only clue was 2 umbrellas that were sent to me from Walmart as a free gift. The person who stole my mail was caught months later but he just sold my W2's. I lived in a travel trailer and lived a pretty meager existence other than my Corvette until I got married in 08.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Are you riding down near Florence, OR? I lived in Medford and Newport about 20-25 years ago. My uncle had a place outside of Florence. I like the stock lights up front looks great!

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Goddamn @skylark that sucks. At least you had your Vette, and also now your wife

I need to find a yearly outing/trip like these sand dune trips. I am doubtful about finding sand dunes anywhere in Ontario (I've checked, not much) maybe sledding...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Identify theft in 04. Lost damn near everything trying to save my all important credit rating. I put 10% cash down at a real estate auction. When I went to the bank to do my loan paperwork they needed to rerun my credit. I went from a 782 in 11/03 to 512 in 4/04. My only clue was 2 umbrellas that were sent to me from Walmart as a free gift. The person who stole my mail was caught months later but he just sold my W2's. I lived in a travel trailer and lived a pretty meager existence other than my Corvette until I got married in 08.
Damn I didn't realize that. Seems like it was much worse then when it happened than now. I'm glad you've made your way out of that cluster though.

Are you riding down near Florence, OR? I lived in Medford and Newport about 20-25 years ago. My uncle had a place outside of Florence. I like the stock lights up front looks great!
Farther south, Horsfal/Winchester Bay sand dunes.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn I didn't realize that. Seems like it was much worse then when it happened than now. I'm glad you've made your way out of that cluster though.
I had a rough time for awhile but I'm back going as strong as I can. I had a pair of seriously built raptors, full Elka shocks, extended swings, extended a arms, belly skids, full sets of paddles on ITP C series wheels, mud lites on C series for the woods, one was a stroker with a Weisco piston and a Web cams cam, opened air boxes, FMF power bomb header, Pro Circuit T4 silencer, Barnett clutches, Pro Taper bars, Oury grips, polished this and that... You get the picture. Honestly I would be quite happy with a couple of Z/KFX400s.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88GMCTruck, I found an older post you had about replacing the A/C compressor with a better aftermarket design (u4440), did you buy it online?
If so can you share the link where you ordered it?
I've seen some "sanden u4440 style" compressors but I don't want to end up with a cheap knockoff.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score