88-98 cepek rear lift option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyRingo

Shut your Butt
Reaction score
you have to take into acount settling. those pics were taken right when he put that lift on i remember when he put them on fsc. AALs and such settle. shackle filps arent expensive buddy.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is true too. they seem to ride very stiff at first. the only thing i dont like about the shackles is when they hang way down. or are we talking about something else?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok what is the cost of shackle flips, what does it involve and do, where to buy?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh ok thought so. well i did them on my s10 with no bl and they were hanging out, but the fullsize may hide them alot better. i do know it suuuccckkked to put them on that truck.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that looks pretty stout to me. i think you may be able to get close with aal. maybe 2 inch blocks if you must.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
pulled directly off that site ts96...

"You may wonder why we don't have a Shackle Flip kit for more than 4" of lift. The reason is that to gain more lift, the end of the spring has to drop down twice the desired lift amount. In other words to gain 1 extra inch, we would have to drop the rear of the spring a full 2 inches. This drop at the tail of the spring can become a ground clearance problem and promotes roll-oversteer which is a handling problem in which the rear of the truck startsto feel "loose" under hard cornering with body roll. We've chosen the 4" lift height as the limit for these reasons."

JohnnyRingo

Shut your Butt
Reaction score
i would run a the 4" shacles and they used to make a 2.5" zero rate. i dont rememeber where but that what i would do. it will be super tough and stock ride

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly y'all its just a daily driver and wont see any hard offroad use, I think ill just go with the 5" block. I mean its whats standard with the kit, its obviously held up fine for a lot of people.