88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured id post mine. 97 bonnie cloths with electric. I wasnt sure how to mount the motor and wire it up so I left them out and just kept it manual. Also expedition center console that I havent figured out how to mount yet.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just added leather from a late 90's, possibly early 2000 Olds Cutlass. Been looking for Camaro/Firebird leather, but when I spotted these in the yard I had to get 'em. They're virtually new, whoever owned the Olds didn't drive it, or weighed 80lbs because they're firm as all hell. Wire harness was nearly plug and play, the main power connector was the only thing different - with that fixed, I now have basically brand new leathers, working power(driver side anyway). I highly recommend these seats if you all find them in the yard. Here is what's needed with them: Take the harness, leave the rails, one side will need holes drilled about 1/4 in over, I think I measured 14' front to back, and 13 1/4 side to side. The Cutlass seat holes are about 13 in. A minimal amount of work on the passenger side metal to allow the rail locking mechanism to clear.

All in all, very easy and really nice. Now, the pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Got from this:

Last edited:

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're quite a bit smaller - which is all kinds of awesome. To the point where, my console sub and door speakers are louder because they're unobstructed by space taken up by sound absorbing “seat”! The console has about 1 ½” clearance all the way around now, whereas before it was rubbing against the seat and belt, as have the door sides added about 1 ½ to 2” of space.

With all the room around the seat, and being much slimmer vertically as well as narrow when looking front-on, the rear door speakers are right under my ears.

It’s almost like a weird stereo upgrade.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also would like to know how gmt800 seats fit into a gmt400. And how difficult it would be to remove the extra seatbelts in my 95 k1500. If anyone knows or has done this before.

Definitely curious if someone dealt with the wiring before. Same connection as my existing power seats? Easy to splice together using wiring diagrams?

Last edited:

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

well here it is everyone, the finished product.
I lined up the rear holes and drilled new holes in the front so the weather teach mats will still fit :)
driver seat went in with no modification
looks great!
both seats now have 9-way power and heated seats as well :)
all said and done cost me about 50 bucks for the 2 seats and some grade 8 hardware :D
I wire the heated seats up to my factory fuse panel and used one of the open spots so it looks totally factory :D
let me know what you all think :)

THANKS!

bit of a thread bump. what are those seats out of exactly? In my search I see them in escalade, denali and top shelf tahoe.

what year is that truck and is it a single cab?

cburnscrx

Reaction score
The seat swap for a 1996 GMC Suburban

Well, I just picked up some leather seats out of a 98 Bonneville, so we'll see how this goes. The Bonneville seats have the power drivers seat and the manual passenger. This is exactly what I have in the Suburban. The plan is to convert the passenger to power and to wire up the power to the drivers side.

I think I'll need to get a power seat track for the passenger seat out of a GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban since I don't have one now. Then wire that up, and somehow create a bracket for the switches on the passenger seat (in addition to getting switches).

The drivers side should be fairly easy with the exception of the wiring already being hacked. I had to replace the power track on the drivers side, and the wiring didn't exactly match up, so some cutting and splicing took place. again...we'll see.

*IF ANYBODY SEES ANYTHING THAT WON'T WORK, OR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS EASIER, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW!

Last edited: