88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im confused. By the look of the upholstery, the 60/40 came out of a 96+ vehicle. If so, the 60 side goes on the drivers side, and the mounts you show should meet up with the trans tunnel. In a standard cab truck you would need to drill a couple holes and then just bolt them down. The left side of the seat should bolt into the existing holes without any problem.

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i tried that but it will be slanted bc of the tranny hump and they need to be flat like my other truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the seats it had were not oem, and i sold them, what ill think ill do is cut where i circled and have somebody weld a plate then ill bolt them, thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

btw this is the drivers side 60 piece, the passenger side will bolt up no problem

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
But that looks like the passenger side of the truck, if i'm not mistaken.

*EDIT* I see its just sanding upright on the pass side

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
What did those seats come out of? My 60/40 came out of a '95 suburban, and to fit them in my reg cab, I had to remove the mounting foot, and install a flat plate. Even with that, I had to pound down the floor on the trans hump a bit to get it to sit level.
When my I had the blue 60/40 from an x-cab, I had to cut the rear leg down to make the seat sit level.

You can kinda see where I had to beat the floor down at the rear of the hump (where the sound deadener is cut out)

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did those seats come out of? My 60/40 came out of a '95 suburban, and to fit them in my reg cab, I had to remove the mounting foot, and install a flat plate. Even with that, I had to pound down the floor on the trans hump a bit to get it to sit level.
When my I had the blue 60/40 from an x-cab, I had to cut the rear leg down to make the seat sit level.

You can kinda see where I had to beat the floor down at the rear of the hump (where the sound deadener is cut out)

the seats came out of a 97 suburban if i remeber right, i think i would need to do same thing you did

I would just make some spacers-like a length of square tubing. I, personally, wouldnt cut the legs.
if i keep the legs the seat will be too tall

i took the track off and went around the junk yards to see if they had a track w/o the legs but no luck, these tracks get destroyed in a wreck so they are hard to find

whitesilvy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
update: seat has been installed, i just needed to cut the back leg a little and weld it back

weld it and i only had a flat black paint so i just used that

ill take more pics later