6" drop in the front options. Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right now I have 3" drop coil and 2" drop spindle (Belltech). I would like to get another inch worth of drop, the proper way. So should i:

Option 1:
Buy DJM 4" drop lower control arm and 2" drop coil, put back stock spindle.

Option 2:
Keep my 2" lowering spindle and get DJM 4" drop lower control arm, stock coil.

I had to cut my a arms with my new rims so would the 4" drop a arms allow tons of clearance without having to be grinded? If not I'm screwed... and coil cutting will happen I guess.

If I could get rid of the butchered a arms that would be a plus. Also if I get the lower control arm I will get the upper. The control arms are ideal because they will help with the future of this truck.

Thanks in advance

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
2" drop spindles and 4" drop control arms does not seem to be a very good combination. I imagine you will be dragging the bottom spring pocket every where you go.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When did they come out with 4" arms for these trucks? I've only heard of 2" or 3".

You should not run drop control arms with drop springs. I know of several people who did and they all had balljoint failures. More than one of them had failures while driving. I got lucky. I ran 3" arms and 2" springs. I caught my balljoints before they failed and got them replaced.

You CANnot run drop control arms and drop spindles. That setup will have your spring pocket hanging so low that you're breaking the scrub line and dragging the arms on everything.

If you want 6", your best and safest option would be to keep your spindles, cut 1/2 coil from your springs.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" drop spindles and 4" drop control arms does not seem to be a very good combination. I imagine you will be dragging the bottom spring pocket every where you go.

Not only that but it won't clear my rims then, so drop spindle and new control arms are out of the question.

When did they come out with 4" arms for these trucks? I've only heard of 2" or 3".

You should not run drop control arms with drop springs. I know of several people who did and they all had balljoint failures. More than one of them had failures while driving. I got lucky. I ran 3" arms and 2" springs. I caught my balljoints before they failed and got them replaced.

You CANnot run drop control arms and drop spindles. That setup will have your spring pocket hanging so low that you're breaking the scrub line and dragging the arms on everything.

If you want 6", your best and safest option would be to keep your spindles, cut 1/2 coil from your springs.

I guess they never did make it for these trucks, I did not read it right at all. I've heard the control arms really help you handling wise though. I guess my only option is to cut the coil to attain the drop I want?

http://djmsuspension.com/applicatio...o-std-cab-kits/88-91-silverado-std-cab-parts/

I had no idea that it wasn't a good idea to run those combinations. Are there any other options to get lower? Other than bags... Coilovers would be ideal.