4dr Tahoe/Yukon Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have custom setups on there 4dr? I have a 95 yukon and will be redoing the headers back. I have a setup planned out but want some opinions.

Hooker Long Tube Headers part #2462
Shop bent 2.5" pipe to a magnaflow y pipe(2.5" in/3" out)
magnaflow highflow cat
thrush welded 3" si/so or 3" single in / 2.5" dual out
4x18" slash cut tips 45 or 90 degrees out before the rear bumper

Leme know what you have on your 4dr and any opinions are appreciated :cheers:

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have custom setups on there 4dr? I have a 95 yukon and will be redoing the headers back. I have a setup planned out but want some opinions.

Hooker Long Tube Headers part #2462
Shop bent 2.5" pipe to a magnaflow y pipe(2.5" in/3" out)
magnaflow highflow cat
thrush welded 3" si/so or 3" single in / 2.5" dual out
4x18" slash cut tips 45 or 90 degrees out before the rear bumper

Leme know what you have on your 4dr and any opinions are appreciated :cheers:

Great minds think alike, this is almost identical to what i had in mind. Except i was planning on deleting the cats and running Magnaflows.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i need the cat to pass emissions in CT but yea its the best setup i can think of

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have similar plan too lol. but i want to run duals and probably no tips and have them turn down right before bumper. everyone ehre has tips at 45s. mine right now is just manifolds and cat cut off behind cat with a tip. might do dual straights or cherry bombs

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im just wondering if it would be cheaper and easier to get pipe bend for true duals and do everything in the driveway with clamps. Are there many bends in a true dual setup for the 4dr?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Your proposed setup looks pretty good, I'd change one thing if it was me. Based on experience, I know that any/all of the chambered mufflers "drone" at cruising rpm's and leave power on the table. Your best bet on a muffler is a through-style muffler like magnaflow or dynomax make.

I have a '96 'burb with duals, but the setup is different because I have dual cats and pipes from the factory. There was a lot of bending required to set up my corner exit duals, to get over the axles, around the tank, etc.

One 3" single will handle your flow requirements just fine. Let a shop set you up...do it right...and once.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your proposed setup looks pretty good, I'd change one thing if it was me. Based on experience, I know that any/all of the chambered mufflers "drone" at cruising rpm's and leave power on the table. Your best bet on a muffler is a through-style muffler like magnaflow or dynomax make.

I have a '96 'burb with duals, but the setup is different because I have dual cats and pipes from the factory. There was a lot of bending required to set up my corner exit duals, to get over the axles, around the tank, etc.

One 3" single will handle your flow requirements just fine. Let a shop set you up...do it right...and once.

Yea im leaning toward a magnaflow muffler anyways. And shops around my area charge 2 arms and 2 legs so Im planning on having the pipe bent then setting everything up with my mechanic buddy at home. I can have it all welded for free once i have it clamped together