Exhaust and tune help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with the Summit shorties for $200, they are actually painted Pacesetter in a Summit box. For cats I went with high flow 2.5" Thunderbolt cats, around $100 for a set. I'm having a local shop bend all new pipes, install the cats and muffler I'm providing with tips and O2 sensors for $350. All full 2.5" mandrel bent. The muffler is a Thrush welded dual in/out, it was on my truck but since it's down I figured why not save the cash and cut that sucker off, lol.

That is about as cheap as I could do for a full exhaust from motor to tip. Buying the cheaper high flow cats and having the shop do all the work ends up a better deal than buying all bolt together parts money wise.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what’s the benefit if any of doing the 0411 swap? Will it benefit me in my bone stock Yukon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better driveability and better tuning ability. The stock cpu in these trucks just isn't near as good in it's abilities.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 0411 is alot more refined. It idles lower and smoother after a cold start and tends to go into closed loop fast. The transmission tends to shift better. Also the throttle response and power seem better to me on an otherwise stock van tune. Stock van tune fired up instantly and ran my small 206/210 Comp Xtreme 4x4 cut on a 110 lsa cammed L31 very well as it was. Ran even better as I dialed it in. This was running the stock van tune.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about when I go to get my inspection and they hook up to the computer, will it still pass? Or am I going to have to get a whole other computer or keep my black box?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will it pass with the tune?
I don't see why it wouldn't pass with the 0411 unless it was throwing codes;

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will it pass with the tune?
I don't see why it wouldn't pass with the 0411 unless it was throwing codes;

Will it pass with a tune and the 0411 since they do hook a computer up to my truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well the problem with passing an inspection I assume is the VIN itself. The only legit 411 tunes exist on the Vans and the 411s themselves. Good luck I guess?

Reaction score
I went with the Summit shorties for $200, they are actually painted Pacesetter in a Summit box. For cats I went with high flow 2.5" Thunderbolt cats, around $100 for a set. I'm having a local shop bend all new pipes, install the cats and muffler I'm providing with tips and O2 sensors for $350. All full 2.5" mandrel bent. The muffler is a Thrush welded dual in/out, it was on my truck but since it's down I figured why not save the cash and cut that sucker off, lol.

That is about as cheap as I could do for a full exhaust from motor to tip. Buying the cheaper high flow cats and having the shop do all the work ends up a better deal than buying all bolt together parts money wise.
The pacesetter/summit headers worked fine for me, no leaks or anything. However the collector ball flange choked down to 2" at the collector exit. and after removal for an exhaust update i found that in my attempt to seal them up the ball flange flattened out closing the opening to 1 3/4 inches. Now mine have a standard 3 bolt flange which gives me the true 2 1/2 inches that summit advertises t

Reaction score
Oh, and changing plugs on these headers suck. They make a special split spark plug socket for the chevy monza that works well, but alas i cant find a part number.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and changing plugs on these headers suck. They make a special split spark plug socket for the chevy monza that works well, but alas i cant find a part number.

On my Express van with headers I do the front 2 plugs on both banks from the fender wells and the rear 2 from underneath.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777