Exhaust and tune help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know black bear is the way to go but does anyone have any experience with this one? Simplicity and price is what’s attractive about this one
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know black bear is the way to go but does anyone have any experience with this one? Simplicity and price is what’s attractive about this one
You must be registered for see images

Literally the same price as Black Bear (including a spare PCM, so you have no downtime) and way fewer capabilities. Plus you won't get the same power gains you would with a Black Bear tune. I would steer clear of any of the handhelds.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Literally the same price as Black Bear (including a spare PCM, so you have no downtime) and way fewer capabilities. Plus you won't get the same power gains you would with a Black Bear tune. I would steer clear of any of the handhelds.

Ok gotcha thanks!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Black Bear especially after fixing a truck he had attempted to tune local but he is one option.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Black Bear especially after fixing a truck he had attempted to tune local but he is one option.

Justin has altered the tune in my red truck probably at least five times now via mail, I've never had an issue with him.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Justin has altered the tune in my red truck probably at least five times now via mail, I've never had an issue with him.

The one I fixed had big drivebility issues especially around idle but it did have a fairly big cam. The biggest issue was getting into the PCM after Justin tune locked it. That being said there are still ways to get into a locked PCM and work on it. I ended up flashing completely over it so that I could license with HP Tuners.

My buddy just dyno'd his cammed/head 6.0L that I street tuned for him. Could probably get a little more out of it if it had a wideband and I know he would have made more HP had his dyno not been a 2nd gear dyno with an unlocked converter in his 4L80E.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one I fixed had big drivebility issues especially around idle but it did have a fairly big cam.

I figured there might be something out of the ordinary with that setup that threw Black Bear for a loop. I've been on these forums for a long time and I don't recall anyone posting about a negative experience with them other than occasional delayed communications. They seem to be pretty rock-solid, especially when it comes to relatively stock GMT400s with the factory black box PCMs.

That is odd that they couldn't get the problems worked out during an in-person tuning session, though. Do you know if they did any street tuning on it at all? Maybe the issues weren't as obvious on the dyno. Just throwing out ideas.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what’s the benefit if any of doing the 0411 swap? Will it benefit me in my bone stock Yukon?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wjauto1777