454SS in okc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome...nice to see another oklahoman lol...really like the truck btw
Thanks man, Are there any local meets around here?

man we will have to hook up after i get my title figured out and my rockers adjusted so I can check this thing out in person

Prolly won't happen till my build is done as the truck is tore down right now, and I'm about to leave for deployment in Oct, get back in March sometime, to get this things started.
Nice truck. Not gonna lie though, I am more interested in the d2 sitting next to it in some of the pictures. Stock? I have a lifted 95 d1 myself.

Yea that thing was a TANK. LOL My wifes. We sold it when we bought here caliber, it was starting to have issues ( I think a head gasket) and drank gas like it was goin outa style. But you could go absolutely anywhere, in heated leather seats with dual climate control and dual sunroofs :)

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I have always like the ss454 trucks... Very nice truck and looks like off with a good start!!!

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just outta curiosity how many post do I need to post stuff up in the for sale section. I'm leavin for deployment soon and I wanna clean out the garage to put the truck in it. :)

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Yea that thing was a TANK. LOL My wifes. We sold it when we bought here caliber, it was starting to have issues ( I think a head gasket) and drank gas like it was goin outa style. But you could go absolutely anywhere, in heated leather seats with dual climate control and dual sunroofs :)

Ya myhead gaskets went at 150,000 miles on mine, gets a whopping 7-8 mpg and I had dual sunroofs until about a month ago when a falling branch decided to take out the rear sunroof.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what tranny setup I'm going with either a th400 with a Gear Vendor or a strong T-56.

Most will tell you a strong T56 does not exist for these trucks (based on the weight of the truck). I have run a T56 for about 11 years behind a 461ci, 505 hp/535tq BBC and put roughly 45,000 miles on the combo. Right now the trans is out due to a damaged 2nd gear syncro. About 4 years ago I tore up the syncro keys for 4th gear. Both fairly cheap fixes. The truck is soo much more fun with a stick in it vs the TH400/3.73's (I have 4.56's in the 14 bolt now). It is also much more economical with the overdrive and 4.56s. I get 17mpg on the highway. Don't be scared of the T56 swap. It is easier than you think.

GV is a great solution if you want to keep the TH400. There is only a few gear choices for the 9.5" 14 bolt, and the 3.73s without overdrive get real old real quick. A 4L80E is cheaper to swap, but you need a controller. The GV offers gear splitting, which in effect gives you 6 forward gears.

I used to have the same rediculous tail light setup on mine, but I used the bolt in tail light fillers (thank god) and was able to switch back without any bodywork. I thought the 'vette tails were cool (when I was 20), but later decided the factory (tinted) tails were better. I have owned my 454SS for 20 years and it has gone thru many transformations.

Welcome to the site.