4.3 TBI Air Cleaner Duct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for the intake tube that the 4.3s had. You know, the one without the resonator. I am in need of this for my lowered C2500. I don’t want the tire to hit the hardware on the inner fender and tear up my tread.

Please let me know if you have one. Thanks!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or did you mean this?
I think he's talking about this resonator box. It's supported by a "U" bracket bolted through the top of the wheel well, which sticks out on top of the tire. The 4.3s didn't come with these. They had a straight pipe.

Not a real good picture but, you can see how big it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the bracket behind the battery and on top of the fender.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Caman96 and @PlayingWithTBI, I am referring to this on the V6 trucks:

This is on my ‘92, as it was originally a V6 truck. I put the V8 resonator on it but didn’t like it. I’d rather have two than switch them between each other.

Though I am going to buy that fender scoop you shared, Caman96. The ‘95 doesn’t have one. ‘92 does. I’d rather not use mine off the ‘92.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is on my ‘92, as it was originally a V6 truck.
Yeah, that's what I was envisioning too.

Though I am going to buy that fender scoop you shared, Caman96. The ‘95 doesn’t have one.
That's because the newer trucks eliminated it due to too much restriction. Look at how big it is and think about how much air has to flow through it to feed a 350 at ~5500 RPM. FYI - the Vortecs don't come with it either.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was envisioning too.

That's because the newer trucks eliminated it due to too much restriction. Look at how big it is and think about how much air has to flow through it to feed a 350 at ~5500 RPM. FYI - the Vortecs don't come with it either.
I was under the impression it helped funnel it into the intake better than the void in the fender. Learned something new. I guess I won’t purchase it.