4.3 haters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I t dnt find it necassary to have a v8 when my motor only has a little over 51,000 original miles. As far as built up goes. I think ive gone as far as I want to with the 4.3. Its not much but its what I want done to it. Gibson shorties. 2.5" piping, catback exhaust (dummy cat and cherrybomb extreme), tbi spacer, and open element filter just because I think it looks cool haha. If I wanted a built up motor and power I would go 350 or 400 sbc. But ive got an s10 with a 350 for my slight power addiction. I dont tow anything but my boat in the summer time that weighs hardly anything. I just tool around town and ****. As far as burnin tires on dry pavement goes It does pretty good.

I would upgrade the heads to CPI heads (TBI bolt pattern and 10+ HP over TBI heads) and upgrade the TBI intake to the 4.3L Performer TBI intake, I had one, it made BIG difference.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol my 350 doesn't smoke em very good. it'll chirp or burn some but not a real smoke show. I got a th350 and 3.42's and around 30 inch tires I think.

As for 5.7 why would that be as much to swap in as a 5.3 them things are freakin expensive not to mention all the wiring and sensors. From what I saw most of the 4.3 wiring and sensors work if you do a 350 tbi or carb maybe then you ditch it all, but have to have the tbi and injectors and computer for the 350. I thought 5.3's you needed all new wiring, computer and everything. Not to mention they aint cheap at all. Plus for me you don't see them around here, if you do they want 5 grand or more for one. I can buy a truck with a 5.3 in it for that price.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
http://www.sytyperformance.com/

for 4.3 performance parts.

I love my tbi4.3 and its 20+ MPG. Sure its a dog, but its a faithful and reliable, but when it dies, it will be replaced with a gen3 v8. Hell I could swap in a tbi350, 383, or even a 454 tomorrow, but I don't want the gas mileage those things get.

Honestly, I miss my little fellow, Hated him when i had him, But damn the 4.3 is a great engine, VERY dependable, if the PO had changed the oil, i would probabley still have him.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sleeper is a syclone with out the body kit... :evillol:

You'll make Srt10 Rams cry with that combo.

Reaction score
Pffft, you guys havent seen a sleeper till you have seen my Pontiac LeMans, Buick 455 with about 400 FT/LBS, Sounds stock :evillol:

The next OBS i get i want a sleeper.. layed low.. lol.. my brother had a 350 tbi Z he put a edelbrock carb conversion manifold on, can you build a good sleeper going that rout?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HP isnt everything :deal:

agreed, torque is what gets you off the line and smokes tires, hp comes into play in the upper rpms. or in other words you could look at it like this, torque helps you win and of the line in lower rpm's then hp kicks in and helps keep you going on winning.

Just like blue collar buick on hp, they did a 455 and they told you they aint really know of the their hp, but they make up for it in torque and smoke the guts out of it without brakeing at all.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
agreed, torque is what gets you off the line and smokes tires, hp comes into play in the upper rpms. or in other words you could look at it like this, torque helps you win and of the line in lower rpm's then hp kicks in and helps keep you going on winning.

Just like blue collar buick on hp, they did a 455 and they told you they aint really know of the their hp, but they make up for it in torque and smoke the guts out of it without brakeing at all.

:word: why do you think i have a Buick, The STOCK 1970 Buick 455 made 510 Ft/LBS, highest torque in ANY muscle car built.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Smoking tires is just to show off how much power you might have...

Traction is what wins races. Give me traction you can keep the smoking tires.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Smoking tires is just to show off how much power you might have...

Traction is what wins races. Give me traction you can keep the smoking tires.

True, In fact, Ive been looking at a 4-Link setup for my truck, even found a kit on Cragslist, new for $250, thinking about it.