4.3 haters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rear end gears come into play big time when turning tires over. Dad's 84 c10 has 2.73's and with a 305 stock and th350 it would turn them but normally on curves pulling out, not so much straight line punch. Done great on highway, barely any rpms.

That same motor in my monte carlo I sold right now with 3.42's will smoke em as long as you want. It's alot better for take off and such but of course more rpm's on the highway. Now the mildly built 350 is in his truck and it's the same way doesn't break em loose too good, but he's got a set of 3.90's going in it. That should wake it up.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck barely ever spins the tires. I must have the worlds best working G80 ever lol

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got 3.43's and an open differential and i still can't spin 'em

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wish a Sy/Ty on anybody that didn't already have a daily driver and money to burn, and I mean BURN. Spend enough time talking to 'em and you'll hear enough stories about snapped prop shafts, toasted trannys, boost leaks and brake gremlins to make you run far, far away (I still want one though!). A few have switched to V8's for maximum effort trucks, but the majority make insane power on the warmed over stocker.

My Burban won't turn the tires over, but it has its reasons, namely that 1st and 4th are on hiatus and GM's wonderful thing called torque management (preaching to the choir, I know). Right now I get around 11 mpg combined! Fortunately a new (and much better built) tranny is in the works for this spring, hopefully with an HT383E to follow it next year. I plan on keeping this thing indefinitely, so I think it's a good investment.

Dude, no matter what you drive, there will be haters. They existed in the ranks of every enthusiast group on the planet, for any vehicle type. Love what you got, and roll on.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hell there chevy guys that hate chevy guys lol

****** me off when ppl, say im a die hard chevy man and then say they hate a gmc and would drive one,,,uh hello same ****** thing dumbshit

like sayin lincolns are ****** awesome but say **** ford motor company i mean rly

hell ive got a buddy that says he cant stand ozzy but sits and listen to sabbath all the time

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I aint a huge fan of gmc, but I don't see a problem with them, throw in a chevy grille and tailgate and be done with it lol.

I always call them a generic made chevy.