4.10 vs 4.56

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
am i looking at something wrong because I dont see a gm 14 bolt on there?
scratch that I found it. :)

Now whats up with the master install kit vs the mini install kit? is it dumb to go with the mini kit since its 125 bucks cheaper because it dont come with bearings?

Last edited:

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

To get a good idea of what ratio you need use this equation.

(.12X"tire diameter") = gear ratio

So .12x35=4.20

So if you go to a 4.10, you'll be a little undergeared and get better gas mileage but if you go 4.56, you'll be overgeared meaning a loss in fuel economy but a bump in power

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! i would rather be fuel economy rather then power. I dont rag my truck out anyways so better gas mileage while looking sharp = :)

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im glad someone said rons machining on here, i bought both of my ring n pinion sets and my master kits from there, good people

i also used cheap gears, no problems. that chart is from the little booklet they send with you!

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im glad someone said rons machining on here, i bought both of my ring n pinion sets and my master kits from there, good people

i also used cheap gears, no problems. that chart is from the little booklet they send with you!

What gears did you get and do you like them? Im trying to get all these prices figured out first. Right now where its winter I have to either do both gear swaps or else none. But once summer comes I could do just the rear til I get enough for the front.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

To get a good idea of what ratio you need use this equation.

(.12X"tire diameter") = gear ratio

So .12x35=4.20

So if you go to a 4.10, you'll be a little undergeared and get better gas mileage but if you go 4.56, you'll be overgeared meaning a loss in fuel economy but a bump in power

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!

dang thanks thats good info

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
am i looking at something wrong because I dont see a gm 14 bolt on there?
scratch that I found it. :)

Now whats up with the master install kit vs the mini install kit? is it dumb to go with the mini kit since its 125 bucks cheaper because it dont come with bearings?
you want the master install kit for both diffs. as for gears i went with yukons. but the usa standard gears i hear are good and set up fairly easy and cheaper.